Those who have Damaged Hair

• Thread starter Thread starter AmilLion
  • Start date Start date
A

AmilLion

I wanted to throw in my 2 cents, especially to those suffering from damaged ends, such as myself. I have to say, after cutting my hair last night, I am truly happy. OMG, I forgot how pretty my hair could be. Ladies, though it's shorter, but hell, it's soo shiny and bouncy and it has true LIFE again. Sniff sniff. Damaged ends aren't worth the length. If you could bare taking the scissors and snipping off the damaged, I say go for it.

I realizd this morning, after the cut, I was more depressed about my hair appearance than the length. The new healthier appearance has given me a brighter outlook on my hair and its future potential.

I'm doing a gradual "phase-out " of damage and honestly, I'm thinking of just getting it all over with! One 2.5 inch cut, and i'm through.
My length now is great, but it would look so much better if it was healthy and swinging /images/graemlins/wink.gif. The probem with my hair is the overprocess, not so much that the hairs are split. It has the appearance of damaged hair especially next to the hair i've nursed in.
You're right, its not worth the length. My hair hardly holds a curl b/c the ends are so lanky...

Amilion, you are correct. It is always the appearance that depresses you more then the length. When my hair was longer I trimmed it religiously because I didn't like the appearance of see through ends, etc. I'm planning on doing a major cut in March, right before spring because my hair grows faster in the Summer.

I really good hair cut feels great!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
I'm doing a gradual "phase-out " of damage and honestly, I'm thinking of just getting it all over with! One 2.5 inch cut, and i'm through.
My length now is great, but it would look so much better if it was healthy and swinging /images/graemlins/wink.gif. The probem with my hair is the overprocess, not so much that the hairs are split. It has the appearance of damaged hair especially next to the hair i've nursed in.
You're right, its not worth the length. My hair hardly holds a curl b/c the ends are so lanky...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bee, if I ever recommended something in my life, I would recommend you to cut. OMG, I can't begin to explain how pretty my hair looks. OMG OMG OMG...I wish that the PC cam could capture the gloss, the thickness and the health of it now.

This morning, after taking down my wrap, my hair just feel into place. It was blowing in the wind and I've already received soo many compliments. I can't stop /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif The hell with the length.....the appearance has me on Cloud Nine right now!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
nita4 said:
Amilion, you are correct. It is always the appearance that depresses you more then the length. When my hair was longer I trimmed it religiously because I didn't like the appearance of see through ends, etc. I'm planning on doing a major cut in March, right before spring because my hair grows faster in the Summer.

I really good hair cut feels great!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great can hardly express how I feel right now.

congrats on your trim and hair health... now if I could only join you /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Hey I'm thinking about cutting a good inch off myself but mainly it's the stupid front that is getting the thin ends!!! Why!!! I think it's because the front of my hair gets the most "attention" i.e. curling iron, brushes, etc. because the back of my hair just goes into the ponytail or bu, but I'm always messing with the front because that's what people see first. The front of my hair is shorter than the rest of my hair (always has been) it's too my lips, but I think I need to cut an inch &amp; get it into shape I just don't want it being too "bangy" (I know that's not a word /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Ditto ditto ditto.... and ditto again. Letting go of the damage was the best thing I ever did. Ladies let go of the damage... it's not going to "catch up" with the rest and become healthy... if the hair/ends are dead they are NOT coming back to life. Hair will grow back. The sooner you start over, the sooner you can recover.

I gave up and got 3 inches cut last month... I love it and it's growing really fast now because it's healthy. Here's a pic of the corrective cut (this is not me though)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&amp;gid=1659969&amp;uid=907701&amp;members=1

Good for you, AmilLion!!!! /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

It's SO true that healthy hair is beautiful hair, no matter what the length!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I must admit since I got 6 inches cut (due to a scissor happy hairdresse) the breaking has stopped and everyone (guys included) say dag your ends sure are blunt and your hair looks good. I miss it being longer, but oh well, but my hair is no longer see through at the ends and I don't see the little pieces anymore!!!! One of these days I will post some pictures!

i so agree. i was complaining about my no lye ends and how it looks frizzy. i did get it tamed with moisturizers but there was breakage and it was just all over bad. i was just tempted to chop the whole thing off. then brh recommended a stylist who does trims and she did wonders to my hair. i could comb through the hair with no breakage. the ends were even and it made my hair appear thicker and healthier. i was sad about losing the length before i went in but i was more upset at not cutting it sooner so i could have been growing my hair healthier and lovely. God bless you all.

I completely agree with you, Amillion! I got a pretty major cut a little while ago. Keeping the damaged hair made me feel like I was making no progress. I had to use a ton of silicone serums and sprays just to make it look somewhat decent. For me, it was a relief to get rid of the damage and start fresh. It was almost like I had "new" hair.

Oh I totally agree. I chopped off about 1/2" all around mid-Dec and I still wasn't satisfied so 2 weeks later I chopped off 2" off the sides and front and about another 1/2" off the back. I'm trimming about 1" all around come August and then I think I'll be 95% happy with my hair /images/graemlins/smirk.gif It does make it look and feel really good though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree totally w/ cutting off those raggady ends /images/graemlins/grin.gif I Can tell since my trim the end of Jan, that my hair in the front is starting to catch up w/ the sides /images/graemlins/clap.gif And, my ends are not thin and whimpy looking /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I made it a vow for my new years resolution not to hold on to raggady ends. I was surprised that I felt better after the cut, because I usually would be sad. My breakage has stopped, but it's nothing I can do about the shedding. Can't wait til the summertime /images/graemlins/grin.gif

YAY AMILLION! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I feel the same way after a good trim. How much and how frequently you'll need to do this will vary from person to person - but I believe finding the right schedule and amount to trim for YOUR hair can be a real turning point in a hair growing journey because you learn to optimize the length you retain by handling it carefully and treating it well - and letting a little go when it's time. When you get this down you really get to enjoy the growth beccause the head of hair in it's entirety looks a beautiful as it can.

Whenever my hair just WILL NOT cooperate with me - I know it's time for a trim. Usually, this happens every 5-6 months in my world. Even with the best care.

Glad you found a turning point - more and more it becomes a downhill climb - doesn't it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanx amilLion, i was a bit worried about my BIG cut on tuesday but i'm feelin better about it now coz after all its only hair, so even if i regret cuttin all my relaxed hair off, in the long run hair is only hair and will grow back /images/graemlins/smile.gif so bring on tuesday !! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

AmilLion-

You are so right. I let my mom cut my ends this morning and my hair looks so much more radiant and healthy. I am glad that I went through with it. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Elliot

Back