This transition thing is not for me! VENT!!!

ocean74

This transition thing is not working for me:ohwell:. I am 26 weeks post. I'm so tired of the wigs and ponytails:wallbash:.
My friend told me to try the Dominican salon, I went there Saturday and my hair was beautiful, it rained and my hair looked horrible:nono:($50 down the drain), it frizzed up sooo bad! I pulled it up in a ponytail:wallbash:. I'm disgusted with this transition thing. I believe I'm ready for a relaxer...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's just a small bump in the road.
Bun it up and leave it alone.
Wear some cute earrings and experiment with your make-up, it will take your focus off you hair.

Don't give up lady. If it's something you really want for yourself, keep it up. You've made it so far. That's inspiration for me. It'll be hard at times, but just know that in the end, it'll all be worth it. HTH!

The transition thing was hard for me as well. I was trying to do it for a year. I got braids 3 months after my last relaxer. I wore them for 2 months and was not able to handle the two textures so... I got the big cut in January and I haven't looked back. I wanted to cry when I saw myself for the first time, but I am doing so well now. So you have to do what is best for you. Think long and hard about what you want in the future and not what a quick fix will do you for today. Good luck.

This transition thing is not working for me:ohwell:. I am 26 weeks post. I'm so tired of the wigs and ponytails:wallbash:.
My friend told me to try the Dominican salon, I went there Saturday and my hair was beautiful, it rained and my hair looked horrible:nono:($50 down the drain), it frizzed up sooo bad! I pulled it up in a ponytail:wallbash:. I'm disgusted with this transition thing. I believe I'm ready for a relaxer...

I soooo don't want to hear that! I am 7 weeks post and I decided that I want to transition. Please keep it together (lol) for us who are just beginning.:yep:

Months 7-9 are notoriously difficult. Many a transitioner caved at this point. Just know that this is a common experience and even better, that it passes. Things will start to get easier again with detangling/ styling. Try bunning for the next couple of months.

I would say no don't give in ... but ultimately you'll have to do what works for you and your hair. I get all of my inspiration from visiting the ladies here daily. I couldn't do it without them. I may not post a lot - but I'm always taking notes.

I'm a couple weeks behind you.

I completely understand. I am 69 weeks post as of today. It was VERY difficult to deal with 3 textures at once - relaxed hair, texlaxed hair and natural hair. I started to do mini chops after 11 months of transitioning and I only have a couple of inches of relaxed hair left.

If you decide to keep going, feel free to check out my fotki for some of the hairstyles that I used during my transition.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/

Think of it like this... if you regret giving in and getting that relaxer, that 26 WEEKS was in vain. That's half a year!

Don't give up now. Transitioning was extremely hard for me as well. I hated every second of it. If you REALLY liked that Dominican blowout, then I say buy some rollers and try to do the same rollerset. I did a rollersetting video on Youtube and maybe it'll help. It sure helped me when I was transitioning!

PART I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBfLHkwEcCM
PART II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocos0ZDKSko

Hang in there girlie!

I LOVE YALL SOOO MUCH:grouphug:... Guess I'll hang on in there...

I'm glad to see you're hanging it. I was thinking the same last week. I'm 14 weeks and it gets hard. LHCF says you can do it, your "real world" tell you to just get a touchup... But despite it all, anything worth having takes hard work (at least in the beginning). Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :lachen:
Good luck!

p.s. I'm not trying to deal with the two textures in the heat of sweaty hair season so I'll be in braids shortly.

Hey! I just want you to know that I understand your frustration. I am 25 1/2 weeks post today and it is not always the most fun transitioning. Just think about the end goal. If you feel like you must absolutely relax then it is always your option. I don't always like my hair/styling options but when I get real frustrated I trim my hair. This may not be the best answer for you but when I take away some length then I know I am getting closer to my goal. It also makes it easier to detangle.

Please say encouraged if your ultimate goal is to become natural. It's not an easy road by any stretch of the imagination. You could also flat iron or rollerset your hair yourself.

hey there, i used dominican blowouts to get through months 4-10. while i wouldn't use all that heat again, i would definitely advocate rollersets to get you through it. if that's too much for you, wet bunning is also a lifesaver. don't give up! you're so far!

This is so weird cos I started a thread earlier today about loving my hair right now, I am 19 weeks into my transition but I've read months 6-8 can be frustrating... so I hope I haven't jumped the gun here :lachen:

Thanks for sharing your frustrations, it helps someone like me, who is a few weeks behind you in her transition :-)

Glad to know you will still keep going :-)

HHG!!!

I LOVE YALL SOOO MUCH:grouphug:... Guess I'll hang on in there...

I'm gunna knock you out!!!

Do not give up for just a small bump in the road!!!

Try braidouts, buns, twistouts, wash n goes, bantu knots, knot outs.

Try the most amazingest thing in the world..... coconut oil and MAXIGLIDE!!!

seriously, it's gotten me thru this transition with EASE.

That way if it frizzes up (which it won't cuz you'll have the awesome coconut oil in ur hair) you won't be upset about wasting $50 :)

Back