this might be a dumb question but ...

deelite

ladies, how do you know your hair loves something?

it seems like my scalp is very sensitive to stuff and get itchy ... only a few shampoos and hair products do not do so ... but even still, i feel like they just "sit" on my hair and don't produce wonders like some of you claim certain products do :(

i just so want for myself to find that "great" product and it promote the retention of hair length.

so basically, how do you know your hair loves something? is there a way to describe it?

im such a novice to all this stuff lol

You know if your hair like something when it feel really good to the touch. For example, I have shampoos and conditioners that as soon as I put them on I feel a difference in my hair. Another way to tell is how your hair looks after you after you put the products in your hair. If I put some kind of pomade in my hair and it just looks shiny, then it isn't really doing anything but, if your hair looks moisturize then that is a keeper. At the same time don't feel fooled if you put a product in your hair and feel a tingle, because that doesn't really mean it is working either. Since you have a sensitive scalp then I suggest not using heavy fragrance products or products with a lot of alcohol and mineral oil in them. Coconut oil, Grapeseed, and chamomile should be key ingredient for you. I hope that this help you and didn't confuse you.

Last edited:
Generally, if the product does what you bought it for then it's serving it's purpose. The products that are "amazing" make a significant change in the quality of your hair and other products cannot rival it. For example, henna is one of those things for me.

If you've experimented with a few products, you'll know how it compares to what you've used before. Finding out what products work well for your hair is a trial and error process that most people have to go through. I think you will know when you have found a product that just has to be a staple in your regimen based on how your hair responds.

If you have a sensitive scalp, try to use products that are natural. If a product is sitting on your hair, clarify and try the product again. If it's not still not right, then it's not for you. You shouldn't be using items that don't make your hair feel right.

thanks so much girls! :)

what troubles me is that (through genetics i think :/) my hair has always been naturally really soft and i feel like I don't know what the feeling of it being "moisturized" is like :look:

im looking to start with avocado butter & jane carter's nourish and shine (since i need something non water-based because im getting my hair pressed wednesday :) )

Last edited:
Good luck with your products Missy. My hair is really soft too, you have be carefully because when your hair is really soft it knot up easily. So make sure that you take you time with it.

Back