this may seem weird!

mermaid

I came across this on another board, and they were discussing the side effects of that BLOUSSANT stuff that is supposed to make your ahem, chest area grow, but the side effect was how much it made their HAIR grow-
Katharine
Newbie Member

User's mood:
Member Number: 3436

Re:BLOUSANT? Firmer breast without surgery?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 11:39:49 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok,
Here were my resaults.....at first while I didn't notice....
My Boyfriend noticed!! Said they felt Harder and filled his hand more.
I didnt notice til way later. But only when my bra was tighter in the cup. but just a little bit. and I barly noticed that at all.
My boobs didnt really grow at all. IMO . Maybe felt harder, sure. but grow? Naa. My Hair did on the other hand GROW !! and Boy did my Hair grow! My Nails Grew Also, and this is comming from a girl that was Bald til she was 6 years old, thin hair til she was 18 and short hair all through 20's..... My mother took me to the Dr. when I was Little and he told her that my Hair won't grow because of a vitamin deficiencey.....
Ok, so I buy the Blousant at the age of 31 In hopes that my boobs will firm up some....
Geuss what? I'd Buy this stuff again But FORGET THE BOOBS!! It has done wonders for my hair. another 3 months of this and it could grow to my arse . My hair has never been past my shoulders.
Now it is to the middle of my back. Im lovin it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAT

Has anyone heard of this? I'm not down with trying it, but it makes me wonder if it's true??

wow, that is wierd. i've heard of bloussant but i hadn't heard of it making hair longer. something that some may want to try
smile.gif

I never heard that before.
I'm too afraid to experiment. I have more than my fair share of womenly endowment. I think I have a few other women's share, as a matter of fact.
What if this stuff works on SOME women's bossoms? My luck, it would be me and my hair would breakoff.
perplexed.gif

smile.gif
I'm with ya there! I don't want to try something hoping to get the SIDE effect, and end up with the ORIGINAL effect!

What on earth could be in that stuff to make hair grow? Are there some kind of special vitamins in there or something? I'd really love to see the ingredients on that bottle! Hmm, just too strange.

The only way I'd use the product is if it picked mine up and put them back where they were when I was sixteen or before breast feeding.
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Believe it or not, I've found EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) has the exact same effect (as if I need more, lol) as this "Bloussant" is supposed to have. I take EPO for my scalp/hair. HTH!

Oh brother! Looks like they need to start handing out maps to the blinking pills so they know where they are supposed to be heading to work.

Hope your scalp and hair are benefitting too, Nyambura...or should I say, Boom Boom Belinda.
laugh.gif
(Feel free to smack me, Girl. I asked for it with that last phrase.
grin.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
Oh brother! Looks like they need to start handing out maps to the blinking pills so they know where they are supposed to be heading to work.

Hope your scalp and hair are benefitting too, Nyambura...or should I say, <font color="brown">Boom Boom Belinda.</font>
laugh.gif
(Feel free to smack me, Girl. I asked for it with that last phrase.
grin.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky!
laugh.gif

looking at the ingredients there is a form of silica in the product, that is for hair growth...I've been using it and it worked....

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
looking at the ingredients there is a form of silica in the product, that is for hair growth...I've been using it and it worked....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this would make some sense of it.

Saw palmetto is often used by people suffering from hair loss like male pattern baldness and such. So that could be contributing to the growth factor as well.

You're right Ginn, it's not just the silicon...

I'll repost the ingredients here for reference:
[ QUOTE ]
Bloussant Ingredients: Saw Palmetto Extract, Fennel Seed, Dong Quai, Damiana, Blessed Thistle, Dandelion, Watercress, Black Cohosh, Wild Yam.
Other Ingredients (Gel Capsules): Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin and Water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) fruits (and also licorice and pumpkin seeds) have been demonstrated to inhibit DHT formation through the inhibitory effect on 5-alpha-reductase activity. Inhibition of DHT formation is also known to be beneficial for hair growth if you are experiencing age-related hair loss. ( http://dreampharm.com/Item/108.htm )

Fennel seed extract is a natural, extraordinary hair color protectant. Fennel seed contains enzymes that prevent unnecessary stress on the hair due to the use of hair color, or other chemical services. Chemical residuals left in the hair are considered a form of environmental stress. The enzymatic action of the fennel seed neutralizes developer residuals which may still be present even after the hair color is rinsed out. These residuals can modify the color of the hair and damage valuable lipids. By scavenging these remaining chemical residuals, the enzymes in the fennel seed work to prevent problems within the hair while at the same time nourishing the scalp.( http://www.girl.com.au/kiwi.htm )

Watercress is believed to be a hair grower when used tropically as in this recipe: http://www.overthegardengate.net/garden/herbs/potions.asp#hair

[Wild Yam aka] Dioscorea root has saponins, choline, protein, starch, mucilage, fat, sugar, amino acids, amylase (enzyme), phytic acid, mannan, allantoin, vitamin C, beta-carotene, chromium, cobalt, dioscin, dioscorin, diosgenin, iron, magnesium, manganese, niacin, riboflavin, selenium, silicon, thiamin, and zinc, among others. ( http://hairmillion.com/dioscorea.asp )

Blessed Thistle is supposed to help with blood circulation. ( http://www.reynoldsoffice.com/u175.htm )

Black cohosh, scientific name Cimicifuga racemosa, was the first known herbal agent that could stop hormone-related loss of hair in both men and women and even bring a modest thickening of growth, said the team at Ruhr University in Bochum, Western Germany. ( http://www.discount-vitamins-herbs.net/health-news22.htm )

Those ingredients sound good, but I really, REALLY don't need any extra boobs. I would like to give some away.
laugh.gif

Well since your givin them away go ahead and give some to me!!! I could use another cup size thanks.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ccd- Silica is something I haven't yet explored. Can you elaborate on your silica and hair growth experience (like how much you use, when you started noticing results, etc.)? Do you use just silica or is it mixed with vitamins? Is it horsetail silica?

Hey Isis, I found a good article on silica here but it is in .pdf format so it's very long. For those who haven't got Adobe Reader, you can download it from here in order to read .pdf files. But if you don't wanna, here's an excerpt:

Silica

Hair That Grows!

Hair is nature’s greatest beauty enhancer. It makes us sexually attractive and serves to protect us. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100
micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.

Teeth and Gums!

By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Vegetal silica effectively fights caries (ulceration and the decay of a bone or of a tooth) and inflammation.

Tough As Nails!

Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. In case of deficiency, the rate of growth slows. So your fingernails can be the first indicators of silica deficiency. Demineralization of the nails precedes by far any decalcification of bones. It is possible to start silica supplementation in time to prevent bone loss. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.

The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep...

Dosage:

According to Professor Loeper, daily silica needs of humans are 20-30mg. Supplemental use of organic vegetal silica extracted from springtime horsetail ensures that an adequate amount of silica is continuously available to the body. With adequate intake, enough assimilation of the vital nutrient can be assured even when the bodyís ability to assimilate is impaired. Any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines...

The Good, the Bad and the Right Silica
Finding the right Silica may be confusing at times. Make sure that the vegetal silica you use is 100 percent pure aqueous extract. Be sure also that it is from spring horsetail (Equisetum arvense). Only vegetal silica prepared by Professor Kervran’s method provides pure and safe extract.

Silica, The Forgotten Nutrient, Klaus Kaufmann, Alive Books, 1993
Silica, A Vital Element for Good Health, Dr Johannes Schneider
Silica, The Universal Mineral, Gerhard Leibold, N.D.

Thank you so much Nonie for the great excerpt and the article. I'm reading it now. It looks like I need to get some silica! For some reason, I didn't realize how important it is for our hair as well as our nails, skin and teeth.

Back