This Looks Like A Lot Of Hair Loss, Right?

DSCN3903.jpg

DSCN3911.jpg

Well its really not. I havent really brushed thru and detangled my hair in about a week ( or 2 :look:) so all this is just that much of built up shed hair. Ever since my hair mishap with not detangling well before washing my hair I will make sure to detangle WELL before a wash. y Denman worked magic on this bush of NG.

Well I may as well ask here instead of another thread, if you stretch how do you prepare your hair before you wash it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i can go 2 weeks without detangling my hair and i dont think i would get that much. but everyones hair is different and my hair isnt half as long as yours:lachen:

Woah that is a lot of hair. I would be almost bald if my hair shed like that. Luckily you have tons of beautiful hair and you don't seem concerned....you know your hair better than anyone else.

That would be a lot of hair if you lost all of that in one day of not detangling, but for a week or two that is not a lot, also your hair is long and it makes the ball seem bigger. As far as preparing the hair, I oil my hair and scalp with EVCO and Vatika since I use Ayurvedic powders and then put my hair in about 4 plaits. I only do the plaits when I am far along in my stretch to keep my hair from tangling.

That would be a lot of hair if you lost all of that in one day of not detangling, but for a week or two that is not a lot, also your hair is long and it makes the ball seem bigger. As far as preparing the hair, I oil my hair and scalp with EVCO and Vatika since I use Ayurvedic powders and then put my hair in about 4 plaits. I only do the plaits when I am far along in my stretch to keep my hair from tangling.
What does the oil on the scalp and hair do?

OMG that's like almost half the hair on my head!!!....but looking at your siggy you have a ton of hair so that amount is probably negligible.

After I wash and detangle my DD's hair from being in box braids for a month--there is so much shed hair that you could make a weave from it.

One day DH saw the massive amount of hair shed, and said "She's going to go bald losing all that hair" :lol:

Her hair has shed like this since I've been doing box braid (since age 2) and it seems to get thicker every year :ohwell:

I wash in cornrows. Let it dry 80% then use blow dry tension method 1x a month. if not I just let the braids dry with leave in cond. I haven't washed my hair loose in 4mnths so in essence I don't detangle.

ETA: I love your ponytail! ;-)

Do you make the braids tight?

No not at all. I wear braids all month under my wig. I redo them after they dry and are loose but I just wash on dry hair concentrating on scalp. wet my hand then massage in, then the same to length leave on for a few min..then wash and repeat. I get no tangles and i don't have to detangle literally! :lachen:
But remember I am PS under wigs so I don't have to worry about styling. When i use the tension method (cool air) I take one braid out and use tension method and detangle with fingers. repeat til all braids out (then I can do twist outs etc) I shed like a dime size. This has worked wonders for me. :yep: It's time consuming though which is why I use tension method 1x a month

What does the oil on the scalp and hair do?

Prevents the hair from becoming dry because some of the powders like Shikakai can be drying. I more of the conditioning moisturizing powders any how. I never have dry hair, better yet it is the total opposite. My hair is always super soft and moist.

I wish that I could blame my hair lost on postpartum shedding but the longer I don't detangle my hair the more hair I shed, so its directional proportional in my case.

Yeah... on my head that would equate to another big chop. :look:

But your hair is so thick and long, I'm not sure it's not as bad as it looks. Longer hair makes bigger hairballs. :yep:

I'm just happy you're back! You cut have had the whole ponytail in your hand, I'd just be just a-smiling......:D

I'm not relaxed but I prep by removing as much shed hair with my fingers and then apply coconut oil to help me detangle in the shower. I detangle before applying conditioner or 'poo in my scalp.

Last edited:
Wow, that is a lot of hair! You must shed a lot normally. When I was shedding that much, something wasn't right and my hair got thin.

Back