this lady is awesome!

I liked the hairwashing segment, but did she put no conditioner on the scalp? :confused:

awhyley

Actually she was right for doing that. The scalp is already cleaned from the shampoo. Conditioner is added to hair to infuse back moisture, there really is no need for conditioner on the scalp. The natural sebum will take care of that. I recently discovered this. Co-washing ofcourse is another story!

She definitely knows how to handle textured hair, I dunno about shampooing 3x though.He blow dry technique is interesting, it makes sense though to do the ends first to get the roots smoother without tangling. The end result was nice, but IA with Bostonmaria, a roller wrap would have given a result just as nice if not nicer IMO.

Pet peeve: please take your rings off when you shampoo my hair. I don't want my hair getting tangled in your jewelry.

I for one loved the video. It was refreshing to see. I learned new blow drying techniques that made alot of sense. Blow drying the bottom prior to the roots. Love that. I will be doing that from now on.

I also discovered a line of products that I had never heard of before. So this video is winner its definitely in my favorites. I'm looking into getting the conditioner, leave, serum and the spray.

She sounds extremely knowledgeable. I subscribed! Thx. It would be nice if there were more multi-ethnic salons.

I honestly do not get what y'all are so hyped about.
I was not even slightly impressed. I got nothing from it.

i am impressed with her flat ironing in one pass. i have not seen any stylist be able to do it. and i know many people on this board that are able to do it, but many on here are not able to get sleek, salon results.

she did a good job.

I wish I can find a stylist that can explain exactly what they r using and why. She seemed knowledgeable, especially with our hair..*shrugs*

i used to go to a stylist that was pretty good. but she laughed her butt off at me for asking her questions and requesting a consultation. she said she never experienced that before. this 9 years ago. i don't mind clients that ask what i am using and how does it work, but i don't like know-it-all clients. i feel like they should just not waste their money quizzing me.

She definitely knows how to handle textured hair, I dunno about shampooing 3x though.He blow dry technique is interesting, it makes sense though to do the ends first to get the roots smoother without tangling. The end result was nice, but IA with Bostonmaria, a roller wrap would have given a result just as nice if not nicer IMO.

while assisting my cousin, a lot of her clients needed their hair shampooed 3x. a lot of them go 2-3 weeks without shampooing and they have scalp issues. i know i wash and repeat when i shampoo. you can tell by the first lather and by the second to see how well the hair has been cleansed.

I find my hair comes out "swanging" if I shampoo 3 times. twice with my "deep cleaning" and once with my moisture shampoo. I also rinse my conditioner out very well. If I leave trace amounts and add a lot of extras it just sits there; whether I blow dry or roller set. JMO

Oh wow,

They're like a stone throw away from me. If I ever decide to fork up money to get my hair straightened, I might try them out. The last times I've gone to a salon, my hair always poofs up after even with intense DC's before hand.

That's my girl. I learned everything I know about Japanese Reconditioning from her. She's awesome. Making a video about it today.

I for one loved the video. It was refreshing to see. I learned new blow drying techniques that made alot of sense. Blow drying the bottom prior to the roots. Love that. I will be doing that from now on.

I also discovered a line of products that I had never heard of before. So this video is winner its definitely in my favorites. I'm looking into getting the conditioner, leave, serum and the spray.

BlackHairDiva I agree with you, I usually don't make threads like this but I had to share this one lol. I am gonna try the products first chance I get.

She sounds extremely knowledgeable. I subscribed! Thx. It would be nice if there were more multi-ethnic salons.

Your are welcome! I'm glad you found it useful simplydebra

i am impressed with her flat ironing in one pass. i have not seen any stylist be able to do it. and i know many people on this board that are able to do it, but many on here are not able to get sleek, salon results.

she did a good job.

Yes she did a great flat ironing job..I was very impressed with the one pass as well. I am one of the members who come nowhere near close to the finished result in the video lol shortdub78

That's my girl. I learned everything I know about Japanese Reconditioning from her. She's awesome. Making a video about it today.

brittanynic16 you are familiar with her personally?? I want details lol :)

ManeStreet said:
I dont get it. She already has a relaxer. Whats so special about that?

People have difficulties flatironing their relaxed hair?

Im confused.

Yep! With a relaxer there is a fine line between bouncy with body, flat and greasy, and straight and poofy/staticky.

I had to post in here again!!! I tried her Blow drying technique and it cut my blow drying time in half. It used to take me 20 minute to blow dry and now about 10 minutes maximum. She's right its more gentle on the hair as well. I also did flat iron my hair....and oddly enough my hair had crazy movment. I plan to order her products ASAP. I can't wait to see what results I will get. I'm extremly happy, I upped my game and regimen. THis seemed like a l simple video nothing to jump over the moon about but i learned and applied new techniques that are doing one heck of a change on my hair.

Thanks again.

Back