This is what helped me get from scraping APL to an inch past BSB

Thanks for this but it won't help me cuz I don't know how to make a freakin' bun!!! Plus, I think it would look skimpy on me because my hair is not really thick.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Aprilshower: I've never tried S-Curl, soﳌi couldn't tell ya. HS does have glycerin high on the ingredients list, though :yep:

LongCurlyLocks: Do you know how to do a cinnamon bun? You just twist your hair like you're about to do a bantu knot and then wrap it around. It doesn't matter if your bun looks skimpy. In a few months of bunning, it won't look skimpy anymore!!! :D

BSB is Below Shoulder Blade. It's where your brastrap is SUPPOSED to be. If your bra doesn't fit right, BSL could be APL! :lachen: So I just say BSB. A member came up with that term a long time ago, can't remember who, though...

Makes sense..dry, brittle hair is will break off alot easier than hair that has some form of elasticity or coating protecting it..ie: moisture. Great advice and thanks for sharing.

Oh and btw...gorgeous hair!! :yep:

Tiffers girl, thanks for this useful post! You know I owe it all to you for helping me w/ my dry and brittle ends! So, thanks a bunch!

:yep: This really works. This is one of the reasons I got such great growth this summer. I am back on it now. I only wear my hair out 2 days a week. Otherwise, I spray the my hair with water (just a fine mist of it) and put moisturizer on top. Bun it up and do it again the next day.

i am gonna start this again. i used to always keep my hair wet and it works...i dnt know why i stopped though.

Aprilshower: I've never tried S-Curl, soﳌi couldn't tell ya. HS does have glycerin high on the ingredients list, though :yep:

LongCurlyLocks: Do you know how to do a cinnamon bun? You just twist your hair like you're about to do a bantu knot and then wrap it around. It doesn't matter if your bun looks skimpy. In a few months of bunning, it won't look skimpy anymore!!! :D

BSB is Below Shoulder Blade. It's where your brastrap is SUPPOSED to be. If your bra doesn't fit right, BSL could be APL! :lachen: So I just say BSB. A member came up with that term a long time ago, can't remember who, though...

Thanks Tiffers. Yes I can make one of those. Maybe I will try it when my hair is a little drier. When my hair is wet, it really shrinks and looks thin. But when it dries-Bozo!! And maybe if I use some cute hair toys it will look better. Just when I somewhat curbed my PJism!!:lachen:

Do you saturate your whole head or just the entire length of the bun part
Okay, okay I'm talking about wet length here. I'm not BSB yet unless my hair is wet, but it STILL counts for what I'm talkin about! :lachen:

Through most of my journey, my hair has been back in a wet bun. I stopped co washing a few months ago, but still wanted to keep my hair, and especially my ends, moisturized.

So what I do is this: Each day, I take my bun down and saturate it in moisturizer. I make my ends dang near dripping wet and I thoroughly wet my nape too, because it tends to be pretty dry. Then I put my hair in a bun and secure with a satin scrunchie.

This keeps my hair damp and my ends are constantly protected, wet and very moisturized. I have retained every single centimeter of growth that I've gotten :drunk: I went from scraping APL while wet to past BSB while wet in a few months doing this. I'm actually ahead of my schedule to reach BSB by December! :grin:

Just wanted to share. If you wanna reach your goals faster, keep your ends wet and moisturized, it works wonders!!! :yep:

This is a dumb question and I didn't read the entire thread to find out but what exactly is BSB? Bra strap bottom? If so, this is what I will call it when I have met my bra strap goal. Somebody please help me..

I was just talking about this in the hair confessions thread...how i'm not able to moisturize my ends like i want to when i'm wearing braids.
Great tips ladies!!
ITA about keeping the ends moisturized...big difference in how my hair looks and acts, without those dry,crunchy ends:yep:
How are you guys keeping your edges neat?

ok so I went out and bought it (because I was already looking for a moisturizer:look: lol) I sprayed it on my hair, mostly my ends and where my bun is. It really did make it moisturized it doesn't feel weird or anything and it smells good. So Thanks Tiffers I will be wet bunning from now on.:yep:

I can attest to this. It does work. I tried it for the first time in July for about 4 weeks and by the time I retouched in August my hair appeared a lot longer and thicker. Even my stylist commented on it. I kept my hair damp 24/7 and combed gently maybe 1x or 2x a week just to keep the hair from tangling or locking up. This is the technique I am using to get to MBL by December. I just took down my bun from this morning and it is still wet. I'll do a protein treatment this weekend too just so that the ends of my hair do not weaken. Need to get me some satin scrunchies too!

Seems like everyone who buns (ex.Traycee) retains a lot more length and has the best growth progress.

Back