THIS IS SOOOO TRUE! (Please Read)

Honey6928215

I'm not crazy about Al but homeboy has a point. There is a lot injustice here especially among our people by our people and the black churches have been mum about it. Here's the article:

The Rev. Al Sharpton said black churches need to avoid the trap of growing large in size at the cost of forgetting their historic mission -- being advocates for justice on behalf of the people they serve.

I agree with Al Sharpton and on everything he said at this event. I clicked no but I meant yes lol lol

The Rev. Al Sharpton is the keynote speaker tonight at a conference on black church activism. - CHARLIE NYE / The Star

Sharpton addressed the media this morning and spoke briefly before a crowd of more than 150 people at Eastern Star Church, where he is scheduled to be the keynote speaker tonight at the conclusion of a two-day conference on black church activism.
Sharpton said some black churches have become too enamored with focusing on their own and their member's personal prosperity at the expense of speaking out against racism, inequality and poverty.
"It is a sad day when gangsta rappers and black preachers have the same cry: Get rich or die trying," Sharpton said. "We must become the leaders of the social justice crowd. There is nothing wrong with having material things. But that should be a means. The end must be justice and fairness."
Sharpton, a 2004 Democratic presidential candidate who hasn't ruled out a bid in 2008, made Indianapolis the third stop on a tour of American cities where his National Action Network is attempting to draw attention to issues important to black Americans.
"We have been inundated in the faith community with bedroom sexual morality issues and not dealing with the broader moral issues of poverty, of injustice and of health care," Sharpton said. "We must as a church speak to those issues that not only guide those people behavior in the bedroom but conduct people's ability to eat in the kitchen and socialize in the living room."

Honey6928215 said:
I'm not crazy about Al but homeboy has a point. There is a lot injustice here especially among our people by our people and the black churches have been mum about it. Here's the article:

The Rev. Al Sharpton said black churches need to avoid the trap of growing large in size at the cost of forgetting their historic mission -- being advocates for justice on behalf of the people they serve.

I agree with Al Sharpton and on everything he said at this event. I clicked no but I meant yes lol lol

The Rev. Al Sharpton is the keynote speaker tonight at a conference on black church activism. - CHARLIE NYE / The Star

Sharpton addressed the media this morning and spoke briefly before a crowd of more than 150 people at Eastern Star Church, where he is scheduled to be the keynote speaker tonight at the conclusion of a two-day conference on black church activism.
Sharpton said some black churches have become too enamored with focusing on their own and their member's personal prosperity at the expense of speaking out against racism, inequality and poverty.
"It is a sad day when gangsta rappers and black preachers have the same cry: Get rich or die trying," Sharpton said. "We must become the leaders of the social justice crowd. There is nothing wrong with having material things. But that should be a means. The end must be justice and fairness."
Sharpton, a 2004 Democratic presidential candidate who hasn't ruled out a bid in 2008, made Indianapolis the third stop on a tour of American cities where his National Action Network is attempting to draw attention to issues important to black Americans.
"We have been inundated in the faith community with bedroom sexual morality issues and not dealing with the broader moral issues of poverty, of injustice and of health care," Sharpton said. "We must as a church speak to those issues that not only guide those people behavior in the bedroom but conduct people's ability to eat in the kitchen and socialize in the living room."

ITA...He definately spoke some truth.

BlkManWithSomeSense said:
ITA...He definately spoke some truth.

Hey, baby...

I wonder where you went off to.

Sharpton tells it like it is. I have noticed that a lot of churches espcially these megachurches who should be making an impact ot the injustices that are done to our people especially by our people have been quiet. They should be raising hell over the issues that's been going on like these gang violence, degradation of women (Including young girls), sexual abuse and domestic abuse. There are many issues churches need to address and with this election coming up they need to be wide open.

Back