This is $%^&*@ Crazy!

esoterica

I've just measured my new growth at the front and my hair has only grown 2 inches since the start of the year! in a whole 6 months... :( i cant believe this. Considering all the things i'm doing/taking right now i can't believe this. :( It makes me a bit angry actually. But anyway. As of today i'm going on an MSM challenge. I'll be taking 10 grams a day in addition to all the other things i take. If it works then i'll get more than 2 inches by the end of the year.
How much growth have you guys gotten in the last six months? Anyone gotten six inches? Go on, make me cry :lol:

I can't say much about your hair growth, but I CAN say that your hair is gorgeous! :)

Perhaps your hair has reached it's maximum potential. I've read that hair has a predetermined life span/growth cycle before it sheds away to make room for another hair.

correction: I was looking at the most current album. Disregard what I said up there. You should have a ton of growth coming to you :) ....just keep taking care of it.

Last edited:
asphyxxia said:
I've just measured my new growth at the front and my hair has only grown 2 inches since the start of the year! in a whole 6 months... :( i cant believe this. Considering all the things i'm doing/taking right now i can't believe this. :( It makes me a bit angry actually. But anyway. As of today i'm going on an MSM challenge. I'll be taking 10 grams a day in addition to all the other things i take. If it works then i'll get more than 2 inches by the end of the year.
How much growth have you guys gotten in the last six months? Anyone gotten six inches? Go on, make me cry :lol:

I feel your pain. I have 4b hair and my hair grows about 1/4 inch a month when most are getting 1/2 inch a month. So I'll be lucky to see 4 inches in a year, not the usual 6 that some get. Let me know how the MSM goes. I might have to try this. I've started taking biotin and b5. I also now use Glovers on my hair so I hope this helps too.

asphyxxia said:
I don't know if this will help, but even though I probably had 3 inches in the past 6 months, I had to cut it to repair some damage done by braids and what not. so in essence, you and I have 2 inches of growth in six months.
HTH :)

It is just starting to stay warm, wait until the end of the summer and then you can really see how much you hair has grown for the year. Everything slows down in the winter. My hair has grown about 6 inches...since last JULY!! Don't freak out (stress causes hair shedding) LOL. Your hair is absolutely beautiful.

Mine too!!! Upsets me as well . I colored my hair at the beginning of the year so I can tell where it is growing and I have a little over 2 inches all over. I have slow growing hair too and I had to cut some of it. I'm on the MTG challenge so we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to get at least four inches before the year is out. I've trimmed twice so far this year to get rid of bad ends. I'm so overly frustrated it isn't funny. I've barely used heat, poppin pills like crazy and for what? If the MTG doesn't work, then I'm cutting back on everything. I'll take my multi and my flax oil and let my hair do what it do. No more pills our hair experiments or spending money like crazy on stuff that aint workin. And let's not get on my kitchen area.

Hey, that's a good idea...who's up for a "kitchen" challenge. Heck throw in the edges as well.

Ohh my bad, I didn't mean to corrupt the thread....as you were

FeelinIt said:
Mine too!!! Upsets me as well . I colored my hair at the beginning of the year so I can tell where it is growing and I have a little over 2 inches all over. I have slow growing hair too and I had to cut some of it. I'm on the MTG challenge so we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to get at least four inches before the year is out. I've trimmed twice so far this year to get rid of bad ends. I'm so overly frustrated it isn't funny. I've barely used heat, poppin pills like crazy and for what? If the MTG doesn't work, then I'm cutting back on everything. I'll take my multi and my flax oil and let my hair do what it do. No more pills our hair experiments or spending money like crazy on stuff that aint workin. And let's not get on my kitchen area.

Hey, that's a good idea...who's up for a "kitchen" challenge. Heck throw in the edges as well.

Ohh my bad, I didn't mean to corrupt the thread....as you were

i'm sooo up for a edges challenge.... i think i must be getting like 2 inches a year on those suckers :/ exactly which bit do you call the kitchen? is it everything below the ears?

AllAboutTheHair said:
It is just starting to stay warm, wait until the end of the summer and then you can really see how much you hair has grown for the year. Everything slows down in the winter. My hair has grown about 6 inches...since last JULY!! Don't freak out (stress causes hair shedding) LOL. Your hair is absolutely beautiful.
i never thought about the summer spurt but if thats what happens then i cant wait!

My hair grows super slow. Since January I think I only have one inch to one and a half inch of new growth. I had one small trim and I'm due for another.
Hair grows--but it's keeping the ends healthy that's the challenge for me.
I'm using supplements but I actually think they have only helped with the shedding--which is a good thing. What is funny, when it comes to my hair the back is the healthiest b/c I don't touch it and manipulate it like the front of my hair.

It is very difficult to tell your hair is growing, especially when coming from damaged beginnings. It takes some time for your hair to become healthy then it starts growing outwards then downwards. I am having this same problem but I know that my hair is growing because it is not breaking and feels much fuller. I am waiting to be pleasantly surprised at the end of the year. Don't be discouraged.

My hair grows very slow as well. It's been 1 year and almost 5 months since my last relaxer and I only have 4 inches. But the most important thing is that I have retained most of my length. I have done the MSM, B5, Kelp, etc. thing but no of that has changed my growth rate. I don't let it bother me anymore especially since I know that it's growing (no matter how slow) and my hair is now only 3 or 4 inches away from my waist.

Back