This color is wreaking havoc on my hair

kisz4tj

I deep condition weekly. I got a trim. I sleep on a satin pillowcase. My ends look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. I don't know what to do, I use oil on my ends every night. Any suggestions?

LeKair Cholesterol! Dontspeakdefeat recommended this product to me when I was having similar hair woes and my hair improved greatly after about 3 or 4 conditioner washes with this. Also, do you do pre-shampoo hot oil treatments?

[ QUOTE ]
My ends look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket.

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif

I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing w/ you. I've been there, and the lekair cholesterol has helped
smile.gif
. Protective styling & curl activitator sealed the deal.

No I don't regularly pre-shampoo with hot oil treatments. I did a hot oil treatment last week, is that the same thing? LeKair Cholesterol, huh? I have cholesterol at home but it's not lekair, does it matter or should I buy lekair?

Well it musta worked, cuz your hair looks good. I wear my hair in buns or updos 85% of the time. I'll go back to the almighty curl activator, in fact I did use it this morning before my bun.

[ QUOTE ]
Well it musta worked, cuz your hair looks good. I wear my hair in buns or updos 85% of the time. I'll go back to the almighty curl activator, in fact I did use it this morning before my bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Girl, my ends used to be CHEWED UP!!!
antlers.gif
I have pics to prove it, but I'm too embarassed to post them
blush.gif
blush.gif
. I did one final professional trim back in Feb '03, and that was it! Dropping the heat, conditioning, conditioning, conditioning, and protective styles turned my ends around!

Now that I think about it, I used some vaseline only on 1/2" of my ends (the very end of the strand) which helped out tremendously. That's when my ends not only looked dry and frizzy, but felt like a brillo pad.
shocked.gif
Good luck!!
tongue.gif

I have blonde highlights and the key is moisture.

I have been doing conditioner washes 2-3 times a week and shampooing once a week on "The Hair Works Day".

Try Sweetcocoa's tip, mist your ends with distilled water b4 applying your oils. This works wonders for me.

HTH

TsAngel

Kisz,

How are you drying your hair now when you wash it?

What conditioners are you currently using?

When was the trim?

Back