Boyfriend hates silk scarf...

To fletgee and everyone,

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh. <font color="blue">Why are we going through these changes to please a man? </font>You are going to bed. You are not walking down Main Street with your head tied up like some chicken head. I bet boyfriend ain't complaining when you hair is slammin and he's at your side grinning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievable. I agree fully that we should not compromise our goals to please anyone. A caring and sincere boyfriend/fiance/husband will not give a crap about what you wear on your head.

Would it help your significant other if your satin scarf match your Victoria's Secret nightgown?...LOL

There, I said enough...

harmony

When my hubby used to "trip" 'bout my bonnet, I'd tell him "go sleep in the guest room, this way u don't have to see me"
laugh.gif
. Sometimes he'll go just to prove his point, but surely he made his way back to the b-room
laugh.gif
... we're over that now...he lost that battle
fishslap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
When my hubby used to "trip" 'bout my bonnet, I'd tell him "go sleep in the guest room, this way u don't have to see me" . <font color="blue"> Sometimes he'll go just to prove his point, but surely he made his way back to the b-room ... </font> we're over that now...he lost that battle

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea, the only point he proved is that he can't stay away from you that long bonnet or no bonnet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

harmony

my hubby complained about my scarf in the beginning also. that and my new hair routine. man did he stop complaining when I got my last touch up and he saw how much my hair had grown! Now, I've had to poke him in the ribs to shut his mouth cause if someone comments on my hair hes like "she's a member of this hair board and does this and this!" The last event we went to where I wore my hair down he couldnt keep his hands out of the back of my hair! He don't complain anymore!

Get him silk scarf, so he will have one as well.

Me and my hubby(who has locs) each have matching black scarfs and even bonnets!
think.gif
I don't feel bad at all since we are both wearing something to bed to protect our hair.

Maybe you could get some pretty silk or satin from the fabric store and make your own scarf. If he complains, tell him to wear a blindfold.
grin.gif
He would really hate my bonnet!
rofl.gif

Edited to add:
How many black girlfriends has this dude had?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
my hubby complained about my scarf in the beginning also. that and my new hair routine. man did he stop complaining when I got my last touch up and he saw how much my hair had grown! Now, I've had to poke him in the ribs to shut his mouth cause if someone comments on my hair hes like "she's a member of this hair board and does this and this!" The last event we went to where I wore my hair down he couldnt keep his hands out of the back of my hair! He don't complain anymore!

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
.... that's just toooooo funny
rofl.gif
. Girl, he's promoting this site for u. That long healthy hair of yours got him silly.... silly in love with u
wink.gif

This (his distaste for scarves) too shall pass. After a while. Keep the scarf. He'll give in. Since you probably have to put up with hime burpin'and fartin' in bed, and leavin' the toilet seat up (plus all the other things men do that annoy us), the scarf will even the score.

Also, try a really cute or sexy patterned scarf for bedtime. I have one with an animal print and one with rosebuds on it. Switch them up to keep him guessing what's coming tonight. Make them match your lingere or something.

i do agree that no one should compromise what they want to do regarding their hair regime...but for me its a mutual agreement..i like a certain look in bed...and my sweety should not have to see me in a scarf when i am at his house...esp since we dont live together so i can sacrafice it during the times i am at his house..its a minor sacrafice for me...personally my hair doesnt interfare with my entire life..yes its a major part of me but it does not affect every thing i do...there are many things ppl have to compromise in relationships...and if something is minor why not...there are alotta things my bf does for me that i appreciate..like the doo-rag thing i dont like that look and he doesnt where it around me...but like i said its basically mutual...50/50..give and take...good luck with the whole thing though...but i do like the idea of both of u guys wearing something on ur hair at night that someone mentioned prior...

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
LMBAO!!! This is such a funny thread. My husband is the same way. He's even got names for certian ones that I wear. You know that yellow bonnet that comes with that pm night time treatment? He always says, "do you have to wear the sunshine cap tonight?!" Then I have one with lepord prints on it and he says "here she goes with the John - Cougar Mellan- Cap" If we are getting intimate and I have it on, he will snatch it off in a heartbeat! It's all good, cause as soon as we get done, I'm in the bathroom wrappin my hair right back up or putting the rollers back into place.
laugh.gif
Men are so funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Get him silk scarf, so he will have one as well.

Me and my hubby(who has locs) each have matching black scarfs and even bonnets!
think.gif
I don't feel bad at all since we are both wearing something to bed to protect our hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

My fiance is bald, so that aint gonna work for us!!!
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
LMBAO!!! This is such a funny thread. My husband is the same way. He's even got names for certian ones that I wear. You know that yellow bonnet that comes with that pm night time treatment? He always says, "do you have to wear the sunshine cap tonight?!" Then I have one with lepord prints on it and he says "here she goes with the John - Cougar Mellan- Cap" If we are getting intimate and I have it on, he will snatch it off in a heartbeat! It's all good, cause as soon as we get done, I'm in the bathroom wrappin my hair right back up or putting the rollers back into place.
laugh.gif
Men are so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My husband doesn't like for me to wear my wrap to bed either. So I usually just put it under my pillow and when we are finished "talking" for the night-right before the lights go off I put it on. He loves it when I wear my hair down so he just has to understand how important it is to protect it at night. photo album

When we first started dating my husband asked me if I wore a scarf to bed and at the time I didn't. When I moved here to MI and my hair started breaking due to the harsh weather sista girl had to change up. Of course I was hit with, "You said you don't wear scarves to bed." I told him that unless he wanted me bald be would be alright with my scarf. Of course, like the others, when we are intimate I don't wear it. But you best believe I'm up in the bathroom tying it up afterward!

My hubby has never mentioned anything about what I put on my hair at night. He knows how good my hair looks when it's well protected, that's probably why he doesn't open his mouth. For those of you who have men that hate the scarf, I betcha he wouldn't hate it if you tied him up with it
blush.gif
(wink, wink)
shocked.gif
! O.k girls, sorry for being bad, but I just had to throw that in
wasntme.gif
!

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who have men that hate the scarf, I betcha he wouldn't hate it if you tied him up with it
blush.gif
(wink, wink)
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

My husband use to hate my silk and satin scarfs too. When I told him about how it will help stop my hair from shedding he said fine. If your man wants your hair to be healthy he shouldn't have a problem with it. Now how does he want you to have long hair and you can't do what is necessary to keep it long?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL! When I first read the title of this post, I thought that HE was wearing the silk scarf. I agree with everyone else. I particularly like the poking in the eyes comment by Allandra.
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay! I say get rid of him if it's that big of a damn deal! LOL!

If you don't get rid of him, your hair might leave and you don't want that!

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh. Why are we going through these changes to please a man? You are going to bed. You are not walking down Main Street with your head tied up like some chicken head. I bet boyfriend ain't complaining when you hair is slammin and he's at your side grinning.

You have set goals for your healthy hair quest. Don't side step them in order to please someone who is gonna be laying there snoring with his mouth open next to you asleep. Don't get me started! Plus your hair is gonna be on your head much longer then boyfriend may be around.

What else does he not like? (I got my hand on my hip and my foot is tapping) Girl please, put on your scarf and go to bed! Goodnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU!! You couldn't have said it any better. If they are sleep, what's the big deal? He should be able to accept you and your goals and put his pride to the side sometimes.

He should just suck it up. I personally believe that you can make a silk or satin scarf look sexy it is all in how you tie it and how you rock it. If you believe that it makes you look like an old woman, then that is how he is going to see you. Remember it is all about projection and guys aren't that bright.

Back