Thinking about trying my first rollerset this weekend...

Diva_Esq

...and I need suggestions and tips! :yep:

I am using the gray & some red magnetic rollers with metal clips to secure.

Ladies who rollerset:
1. What prods do you leave in the hair?
2. What method/ pattern do you use to roll the hair?
3. Do you use rolling papers?
4. Once you take all the rollers out after drying, how do you usually style it?
5. How long do yours usually last?
6. What prods do you use for moisture/ maintenance/ defrizzing/ upkeep for a few days?
7. What other styles do you work the set into once it starts falling?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

1st one I used a little Hairveda's whipped baggy cream. Worked great. The second time I used bioprofessional leave in. Not so great.

1st time did pontail method 20 or more rollers. It came out perfect straight roots. 2nd 3rd time no ponytail less rollers it was a little poofy not so straight.

I used end papers.

Im bunning to my goal.

I wash and dc 1 a week.
6. What prods do you use for moisture/ maintenance/ defrizzing/ upkeep for a few days?

I used advocado butter on my hair the last time I straightened. I loved it. 7. What other styles do you work the set into once it starts falling?

Styling is not my forte.

Ladies who rollerset:
1. What prods do you leave in the hair? Either Aphogee Keratin Leave In, Joico Leave In Reconstructor or Paul Mitchell Super Strong Leave In - then use diluted (blue) Lotta-body
2. What method/ pattern do you use to roll the hair? Anchor Method
3. Do you use rolling papers? No
4. Once you take all the rollers out after drying, how do you usually style it? Roller/Wrap
5. How long do yours usually last? 2-4 days
6. What prods do you use for moisture/ maintenance/ defrizzing/ upkeep for a few days? Just wrapping hair night...
7. What other styles do you work the set into once it starts falling? I only roller wrap

Hi Diva_Esq!! Just adding that the pic in my avatar is from (3) gray rollers (call myself protective styling) ...based on your pic - I think your hair would come out great if you used Lacio Lacio ....

Hi Diva_Esq!! Just adding that the pic in my avatar is from (3) gray rollers (call myself protective styling) ...based on your pic - I think your hair would come out great if you used Lacio Lacio ....

Could you explain what the Anchor method is?

I was thinking about doing 3 sections (like mohawk and 2 sections on each side)...

Last edited:
Could you explain what the Anchor method is?

I was thinking about doing 3 sections (like mohawk and 2 sections on each side)...

Yes that's it....

I start at the bottom of the "mohawk" and work my way up....check out "Buildable Beauty" on YouTube...she does this as well but she starts at the top...(just in case you need a visual - I love her tutorials) :grin:

lacio lacio
mohawk
never
flat iron roots and wear down, i sleep in large pin curls to maintain the style for 5-10 days
5-10 days
nothing, i re-wash and condition once hair start to feel dry (usually around day seven)
as long as i pin curl at night the style doesn't fall

Hi, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

But I have a dumb question, what are endpapers for?

TIA

Yes that's it....

I start at the bottom of the "mohawk" and work my way up....check out "Buildable Beauty" on YouTube...she does this as well but she starts at the top...(just in case you need a visual - I love her tutorials) :grin:

WILL DO! Thanks!!!!!!!:drunk:

lacio lacio
mohawk
never
flat iron roots and wear down, i sleep in large pin curls to maintain the style for 5-10 days
5-10 days
nothing, i re-wash and condition once hair start to feel dry (usually around day seven)
as long as i pin curl at night the style doesn't fall

Cool! What do you use to hold the pin curls in place? Do you sleep in a bonnet? Silk scarf?

Hi, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

But I have a dumb question, what are endpapers for?

TIA

I believe end papers smooth the ends out and keep them from coming out in the rollers/ sticking to the rollers. Good question...anyone else can chime in too!

Ladies who rollerset:

NTM silk leave-in cream, Fantasia IC serum, Elasta QP H-Two leave in conditioner (if I want a roller wrap and straight hair) but if I want curls and some definition, I'll add Pantene Pro-V R&N wrap and set spray. also a water bottle to keep the un-rollered hair wet

mohawk, roll up. i learned to set my hair from Macherieamour's video

no

if i am wearing it straight, i'll do a saran wrap treatment. if not, i just use a wide tooth comb or plastic brush and comb the curls. with the wrap/set lotion I use, it leaves the hair hard, so i comb through the hair to break that bond :yep:

a few days until next wash

i'll use a few drops of hairveda hair oil every other day

ponytails and buns, or i'll just co-wash and do a braid out

Lacio Lacio, and a couple of drops of Argan Oil

Mohawk and sometimes the Anchor Method

No, I don't think this is necessary with magnetic rollers as the hair is smooth and flat against the roller anyway. I would only use ends papers if I was using foam rollers.

I usually loosen the curls with my fingers and pin up the sides with a hair pin or I sometimes do a saran wrap.

Not very long. I don't always pin curl to maintain the curl, but I occasionally roll just the middle of the hair (about 4 rollers) which will give me some body and curl for the next day.

NTM Silk Leave in cream. If I'm re-rolling I will add a few pumps of Aveda Phomollient.

Just throw it up in a loose bun, nothing too adventurous.

Ladies who rollerset:
1. What prods do you leave in the hair?Diluted Lotta Body, Salerm 21
2. What method/ pattern do you use to roll the hair? Mohawk
3. Do you use rolling papers?Never.
4. Once you take all the rollers out after drying, how do you usually style it?RollerWrap
5. How long do yours usually last?A week.
6. What prods do you use for moisture/ maintenance/ defrizzing/ upkeep for a few days?Castor Oil on ends, Coconut Oil all over.
7. What other styles do you work the set into once it starts falling? Tousled Curls with French Roll a la Briget Bardot, really sassy.

No problemo :spinning:

Back