thinkin of cutting it all off, any good site w/ short cut pics???

Jada

I want to cut my hair because it's just too much more me to handle and it is breaking. Right now its 2 inches past my shoulders (on the SIDES) and to the bottom of my neck in the back. It's longer than the pic shown. I want a cute short cut but every site I go to they are very limited and the styles remind me of the 90s. Do any of you ladies know any good websites? Thanks.

I am in the same boat, and I'm looking for a cute short cut to begin my journey all over again. I've booked my appointment with a stylist for monday, so all I need now is to find a good style.

Good luck, and if I come across anything in my search, I'll send it your way :yep:

Essence Magazine has great hair styles on their website. Really pretty short cuts all sorts of styles.

Weaves ladies! I mean what's the point in cutting a style when you'll have to grow it out in a few weeks/months? :look: I say rock a weave and there're some LOVELY short styles I'm dying to try out there, you need to get Sophisticate's hair styles (the caucasian one!) I've actually got a foxy short curly weave I did myself only its really similar to my hair length :grin: after this I may do a Posh with my own take on it a bit softer, not sooo harsh looking and more a warm honey blond for holiday next month hmm...

Whatever you decide pix please!!

I would'nt do it - I just had a drastic cut and I REALLY miss my hair.
Make sure you are absolutely certain first!

www.universalsalons.com

Some of their stuff looks kinda '90s, but a few of the cuts are hot.

I was just going to say universal salon, but I put the links for short hair styles.

http://www.universalsalons.com/styl...alonID=0&StylistID=0&city=&page=1&pagesize=40

Thanks for this site as well. I went out there and there are a couple of styles that I think might work for me. This site has some very modern stuff on it, very trendy :grin:

I would'nt do it - I just had a drastic cut and I REALLY miss my hair.
Make sure you are absolutely certain first!

My reason for cutting it is because I have so much damage from braids :perplexed. I'm currently wearing wigs, and I'm just getting too tired of them. I started transitioning then thought, who am I fooling with my 4z hair :lachen::nono:. I want to start fresh with a new journey and hopefully I can stay engaged on the hair forum instead of in off topic or entertainment :look:

What do y'all think of this style? I'm digging the messy, tousseled look, but I would have a modified version of this. A bit shorter and the same length all around. My goal is to have something that's versatile where I can easily change the look, yet allows me to grow it out evenly.

I work out a lot, so I need a style that can stand up against my workouts, yet would look decent in the office (corp america). Also something that may only require little to no heat (although I may use heat once a week after a deep condition).

http://www.universalsalons.com/styles.asp?StyleLKID=1&StyleID=1748

What do y'all think of this style? I'm digging the messy, tousseled look, but I would have a modified version of this. A bit shorter and the same length all around. My goal is to have something that's versatile where I can easily change the look, yet allows me to grow it out evenly.

I work out a lot, so I need a style that can stand up against my workouts, yet would look decent in the office (corp america). Also something that may only require little to no heat (although I may use heat once a week after a deep condition).

[URL]http://www.universalsalons.com/styles.asp?StyleLKID=1&StyleID=1748[/URL]

Me likey!!!:yep: That's a really nice cut. What's great about it is that the back isn't tapered so short that you'll have issues growing it out. You can easily transition that into nice long layers. I'm also a for real 4b, and it was hell growing out my tapered cut because ANY NG in the back would just look out of control.

(ETA: I meant to type that you can easily transition that into a nice bob!)

Last edited:
Me likey!!!:yep: That's a really nice cut. What's great about it is that the back isn't tapered so short that you'll have issues growing it out. You can easily transition that into nice long layers. I'm also a for real 4b, and it was hell growing out my tapered cut because ANY NG in the back would just look out of control.

Who are you telling, LOL. My zzzz's get to growing in and it's all over.

[URL="http://www.universalsalons.com/styles.asp?StyleLKID=1&StyleID=1748"]http://www.universalsalons.com/styles.asp?StyleLKID=1&StyleID=1748[/URL]

This style will NOT grow out evenly. You are gonna have serious layers as it grows out. I am proof of that cuz I had a cut similar to this...

What about a chin-length bob? There are quite a few members here who have bomb cuts that are a little above shoulder (like scorpian comes to mind). That way it will def grow out nice and even.

by the way, if this style wasn't so short and blonde, i'd so get it!!!!!! It's THE BOMB!

Attachments

• BlackHairMedia_HairStyles_short_large_0009[1].jpg
    BlackHairMedia_HairStyles_short_large_0009[1].jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
This style will NOT grow out evenly. You are gonna have serious layers as it grows out. I am proof of that cuz I had a cut similar to this...

What about a chin-length bob? There are quite a few members here who have bomb cuts that are a little above shoulder (like scorpian comes to mind). That way it will def grow out nice and even.

by the way, if this style wasn't so short and blonde, i'd so get it!!!!!! It's THE BOMB!

I like that cut too; I'm going to save it as one of my top prospects. I think that cut would work well with my face shape and it's easy to keep it looking decent.

I can deal with layers as it grows out; I think it gives hair character. The only problem with the short blond cut is the layers would be a bit more drastic, especially since the back is shorter than the top.

The pics in your siggy I think look good! I wouldn't have a problem with those layers. I've checked out your fotki, and i see how you started. That's not bad, IMO!

Last edited:
Back