Think & Grow Long (Visualization & Hair Growth)

Do use visualization techniques for hair health/growth?

• Yes, I currently use visualization techniques for my hair

Votes: 114 57.6%
  • No, but it sounds interesting... I'd try it

Votes: 84 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ALways.. I do this before I go to bed when I am preparing my hair and when i take my hair in the morning. I visualize one day I will be takling my hair down and it will fall to wasit length.

I have done this for just about every aspect of my life and have been successfull. I am currently doing the same thing for my hair goals. :yep:

I do this all the time. I actually have a pic with my face pasted onto a pic with my goal length/style hair. So I literally see myself with my goal length hair. I also have that pic as my screensaver and wallpaper on my cell. I think the key to me is feeling great and grateful when viewing the pic. I fully accept that it's mine and visualize having it while I'm cowashing daily in the shower and thank God for blessing me with it. :yep:

not on purpose, in all my dreams my hair is usually luxuriously flowing. so if i slip up, my subconscious already knows the deal

Not in a purposeful month. But I knew based on a former member and my hair growth timelines that my hair would be certain lengths at certain times of each year. I pictured it but saw it as fact. I've met every goal sans WL so far.

I visualize mine and my daughters hair several times a day. I am also starting to visualize my self with other aspects of my financial wellness.

Yep sure do. I'm visualizing myself WL hair. I imagine feeling the weight of my hair and how it feels, sweeping on my waist as I walk :yep:

Yes i have...i usually do this with most things in life....i go for something greater than what i really want...and then i end up with that and then some.

My first ultimate goal was MBL....but then i shot for Waistlength...now i'm grazing Waistlength.

My normal routine when I desire something is to

Pray
Visualize

But I must admit, never considered it for my Hair-- Ironically though, as soon as I get any hair products and I use them-- I run around the house saying to my daughters- "Look, look, it's longer--see!". Now, I know I just used the product- but I tell you I believe I see growth and improvement almost immediately-- they must see it too because within a few days the sceptics are in my products!

This relaxes me...I love visualizing the length that I have always desired, being a reality. I as well do this with other areas of my life. Its like a motivation booster. I know one day that what I see.. will be acuality! I LOVE IT!!!!

I visualize everything! Any goal, anything I would like to have, any positive changes I would like to make in my life, I visualize myself where I want to be...and it works, along with taking action to achieve my goals. I have recently been doing this with my hair and I am definitely seeing results. It works!

Yes, I visualize. I am a daydreamer so I visualize and dream a lot.
I have been able to grow my hair out and take well care of it. It hasn't been growing as fast as I would like but it's getting there. Consistency is key.

I have never tried this with my hair but I definitely believe that it would work. It is almost the same as speaking positive words over your life....i definitely believe in that.

I do that sometimes, one of my biggest goals is to have a natural hair lng ponytail. I dont say i do that every day, but from time to time and i feel very good with myself when i do it

I will have healthy MBL hair. I will have a fabulous pony tail. I will be able to create classy, elaborate buns in 10 mins....I will, I will, I will!!!

I will have healthy MBL hair. I will have a fabulous pony tail. I will be able to create classy, elaborate buns in 10 mins....I will, I will, I will!!!

Mind if I make a tiny suggestion that would have a major impact? Take the future tense "will" out of your statements and make it present tense. See it as NOW. (I have healthy MBL hair. I have a fabulous pony tail. I am able to create classy, elaborate buns in 10 mins....I have, I am, I do!!)

When you visualize, see it as a done deal so much that you can feel how good it feels to have it. And be thankful for it. It makes ALL the difference in the world. :yep:

Subscribing... I love this topic, with hair, life, whatever, it works when you want it to. If you can find it read I Can by Ben Sweetland. I sometimes visualize my hair being BSL and you can't tell me it's not:lachen:

I do this with my business but never have with my hair.
One of the ladies was right... we do so much with out hair.. why not visualizing it as where we want it to be. Will try this right now!!

i love this thread! thanks for starting it! i am a true believer in visualization and so happy to see these views shared by so many positive ladies!

"whatever the mind can conceive, we can achieve"! this has always been my motto in life and many times, i say it to myself like a mantra.
i believe we need our "pep talks" to keep discouragement and negativity out of our minds.

let's get it, ladies!!!!

You know I voted otherwise but I do think about my hair being longer while I'm in bed and different techniques to consider while doing so and I never thought I was visualizing??? I thought I was obsessed! This thread has confirmed that I'm not!

I have a huge visualization board and it covers most aspects of my life. I have pictures and inspirational quotes about my future and I put it on my bathroom wall so I have no choice but to look at it everyday. It has a picture of my cadillac, a nice house, a picture of the company I want to work for, the Bible, a picture of long natural hair, and I even put a Forbes Richest People in America magazine on there with my picture glued on the front :yep: It may not magically make these things appear but what it does do is keep me motivated and remind me of what I'm shooting for in life and it keeps me in a positive mood.

mmmm......

I need to go check out that thread of vision boards

and then I need to get organized and actually DO it

I guess I do this everyday. Even though I'm transitioning I picture myself with waistlength natural hair. This is just how I see myself even though I'm not there yet. I see myself as having all the things I want already(physically, financially etc). For instance, I drive a Honda, but I see myself stepping out of a brand new BMW, lol. It will happen soon enough.

LOL, I do that ALL the time!!! And its ALWAYS a BMW 650i convertible. :lachen:...But yeah I picture my NL hair at APL (my 1st goal) everyday. :yep:

Mind if I make a tiny suggestion that would have a major impact? Take the future tense "will" out of your statements and make it present tense. See it as NOW. (I have healthy MBL hair. I have a fabulous pony tail. I am able to create classy, elaborate buns in 10 mins....I have, I am, I do!!)

When you visualize, see it as a done deal so much that you can feel how good it feels to have it. And be thankful for it. It makes ALL the difference in the world. :yep:

I love how you put that! I have heard so much about visualization and I believe that it definitely can make a difference. And you hair is BEAUTIFUL!! I see your hair how I want to see mine. That full and that length. :yep:

i def do this....

i pictured my hair at apl and used "my hair is my crown and glory" as my positive thought until i got there.

i am doing the same thing with bra strap now.

Back