Things You Think Are A Waste Of Time?

Deep conditioning for more than 30 minutes. I read that conditioning agents adsorb (stick) to hair within 5 to 10 minutes (20 at the most). So anything beyond that isn't harmful but it doesn't make a big difference. That's why most conditioners, even professional ones, direct us to rinse out after 5 minutes.

I agree with DCing and conditioning according to the instructions. I get better results than if I go beyond.

Otherwise, things that I think that are a waste of time at one point, I return to if I think my hair needs it. Like prepooing, I don't do it regularly but when my hair is extra dry I do a hot oil rinse and that revives it. I don't cowash but if I'm on vacation and I don't want to shampoo every time I come from the pool or sea I cowash etc.

^^I agree with you on both. I like the idea of inversion and will do it every so often but I am not too bothered. And I always feel like my scalp doesn't need any extra oiling...alhough I still do it when I can be bothered to be extra:).

Inversion method :rolleyes:

and oiling the scalp, for my scalp, don't know about others

Yes! I've tried inversion+scalp oil massage on two separate occasions. Each time the hair at my roots was left tangled and I felt like I needed to wash my hair. I never made it to Day2 either time.

Deep conditioning for more than 30 minutes. I read that conditioning agents adsorb (stick) to hair within 5 to 10 minutes (20 at the most). So anything beyond that isn't harmful but it doesn't make a big difference. That's why most conditioners, even professional ones, direct us to rinse out after 5 minutes.

I agree but I will leave it on my head for like 4 hours because I'm too lazy or busy to rinse it out... People are tell me I take really good care of my hair but they don't realize I either have other stuff I'm trying to do (multi tasking) or I'm simply too lazy/tired to rinse it out :lol:

Pre-pooing. Worked great when I was relaxed but my hair was so damaged anything probably would have worked.
Baggy method - Left my hair perpetually wet and hard, at the same time

Back