Thicker hair possible or is it jut genetics?

VelvetRain

I have long shoulder length hair which is quite healthy. I have always wanted to achieve thicker hair. Mine is quite fine and rather thin. Has anyone had success with acquring thicker hair strictly through hair care products? If so what were you using. I can't help but ignore genetics may have had a part in your obtaining thicker hair.

Nope - but I have had success making my hair thicker by taking Pantothenic Acid (B5). 1000mgs. a day...

trampoline.gif

hair care products mainly makesthe hair seem to be thicker and cannot chane your genetic stucture,however there are some vitamins that many femalEs on this board take that causes their rootsto come out thicker,vitamins such as b5 but these only affect the roots and progress with each new growth

Tracy I just started taking Pantothenic acid. How long did it take before you saw results?

michelle I'm in the same boat myself. Trying to find out myself. And yes hair care products only make the hair appear thicker. I've tried a couple of them. Roller sets seem to really help make it look thicker.

It's genetics. My little sister and I have the same fine hair that falls flat directly after being rollerset. My mom and older sister are 4b also, but with coarse hair -- FAT strands that have way more tensile strength. Lucky them...

My stylist says that fine haired people have the most problems with breakage, so I'm taking B5 daily and airdrying with wet buns. My hair looks fuller in the ringlets resulting from airdrying than after a rollerset, and I like the look better. I hope the Aubrey Organics GPB makes the strands stronger!

Thanks to Tracy and Jade 21, I started taking pantothenic acid 1000 mgs/day (500 mgs = morning, 500 mgs = night) last year. I don't recall how soon I saw a significant change in thickness - maybe 2 or 3 months? But it definitely has made a difference - that, and leaving my hair alone (e.g., phonytail so I won't have my hands up in my hair and I only brush/comb once a day). HTH.

look for some results in about 3-4 months Stormy....

I get this question so much that I started to really think about it and when I began taking it it took roughly two touchups for me to notice a difference (4 months at the time).....I think I did notice a difference after the first touch up but I didn't realize what it was......so I waited another for another one - and then I was SURE.

Nexuus Headdress makes hair appear thicker and fuller. Mix it w/ oil to combat the dullling effect. Certain styles (e.g. roller sets) do it for me...

Oh blah, I thought my regime was pretty comprensive till I checked my reference book for the optimal amt of B5. They said 100 mg. I then checked my supplements and I am only getting 75mg!

So, since I have B complex 100 and Pantothenic acid I'll just add ONE more capsule to my regime...

Vev - would you mind posting your results on the 100mgs? I'm curious if a lower dosage will yeild comparable results. I'd LOVE to cut my regime by a pill!
laugh.gif

Tracy,
The biotin you gave me today has 600mgs of pantothenic acid - - six times the required amount!! yeah!! Thanx again...cant wait to try...

I haven't done it through hair care products alone. I grew out my perm completely with braids and started taking vitamin e, and now my hair is much thicker. My family is amazed at how my hair has changed.

Luna - ur welcome chica!
wink.gif
That vit has a TON of Aminos too which have caused some folks' hair to TAKE OFF growing. Not MINE of course
mad.gif
but perhaps yours?
trampoline.gif

Back