They won't send me my Pibbs!!!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
They won't send me my Pibbs 514!!!

Ladies I'm about to cry for real!:nono::nono: So earlier this week, I found a Pibbs Kwik Dri 514 for $100.00, yep that right! So I sent the payment and included extra money for shipping. The woman who I purchased the dryer from said that she just left UPS and they said that the dryer is too tall for delivery, that it measures 185" in height. First off, I'm mad b/c their dumb a$$es for some odd reason didn't realize that the dryer is adjustable. Secondly, I'm sad b/c she just refunded the money and said that if there isn't any other way to send it, she has to put it back for sale:sad::sad:. I am so sick to my stomach right now!!! Could someone who owns a Pibbs (especially the 514) give me an explanation on how to either take it apart or adjust it so that I may have my dryer please? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Re: They won't send me my Pibbs 514!!!

Ladies I'm about to cry for real!:nono::nono: So earlier this week, I found a Pibbs Kwik Dri 514 for $100.00, yep that right! So I sent the payment and included extra money for shipping. The woman who I purchased the dryer from said that she just left UPS and they said that the dryer is too tall for delivery, that it measures 185" in height. First off, I'm mad b/c their dumb a$$es for some odd reason didn't realize that the dryer is adjustable. Secondly, I'm sad b/c she just refunded the money and said that if there isn't any other way to send it, she has to put it back for sale:sad::sad:. I am so sick to my stomach right now!!! Could someone who owns a Pibbs (especially the 514) give me an explanation on how to either take it apart or adjust it so that I may have my dryer please? Thanks in advance!
I just got mines it comes in two boxs one looks like a box foR a hood dryer itis not that big and the two or 3 small poles and base comes in another i think if she got a bigger box she could get it all in there if she pack it right:yep:may be you can tell her too take it apart? HER HAD TO COME APART i know you wanted it but may be this happend for a reason? cause she have to know how it comes apart if its hers?:wallbash: glad you got your money back.ps if you look up post here from last week ms Dee4 post a pictures of her in the box:lachen:so you can see what it looks like

Last edited:
yep. 2 boxes. one for the dryer and legs, and one for the pole. the pole comes in a long box like for posters or something. and the dryer is very light and comes in a regular square box. Maybe she didnt have the right supplies to ship it...ask her to take it to fedex/kinkos or mailboxes etc... cause they have everything needed and can package it for her, for a slightly larger shipping fee...

SOunds like breach of contract to me...

I just got mines it comes in two boxs one looks like a box foR a hood dryer itis not that big and the two or 3 small poles and base comes in another i think if she got a bigger box she could get it all in there if she pack it right:yep:may be you can tell her too take it apart? HER HAD TO COME APART i know you wanted it but may be this happend for a reason? cause she have to know how it comes apart if its hers?:wallbash: glad you got your money back.ps if you look up post here from last week ms Dee4 post a pictures of her in the box:lachen:so you can see what it looks like

The woman actually works for a non profit organization, she acquired the dryer from a salon that donated it to the org so that they may raise money, apparently they had more than they needed. She wouldn't really know anything about it at all. She's pretty nice though, she offered to refund back the money if we can't work something out. I'll call her in the morning and give her instructions on how to take it apart. Does it screw off?

You might ask her to take it to one of those places that offer custom crating (Mailboxes Etc) and tell her that you'll cover the costs. That's a great deal!!!

The woman actually works for a non profit organization, she acquired the dryer from a salon that donated it to the org so that they may raise money, apparently they had more than they needed. She wouldn't really know anything about it at all. She's pretty nice though, she offered to refund back the money if we can't work something out. I'll call her in the morning and give her instructions on how to take it apart. Does it screw off?
you pull the pole a part its in insert in to each other un tight it by the collar it on the pole it break down kind of small and you pull off the hood too if she packs it smaller you can get it is it too far for you to go pick up?i know you dont want want to miss a good deal hope this help:yep:get your baby home:grin:

Last edited:

you pull the pole a part its in insert in to each other un tight it by the collar it on the pole it break down kind of small and you pull off the hood too if she packs it smaller you can get it is it too far for you to go pick up?i know you dont want want to miss a good deal hope this help:yep:get your baby home:grin:

Oh thank you! I wish I could but it's way across the nation:ohwell:. So, you can just pull apart the hood from the pole, and the pole away from the base? I want to make sure I got this right.:grin:

Oh thank you! I wish I could but it's way across the nation:ohwell:. So, you can just pull apart the hood from the pole, and the pole away from the base? I want to make sure I got this right.:grin:
yes thats it:grin:yes pull it out of socket the base has a little screw to hold it to the poles .and poles stand in the base and hood hangs on the poles did you go see a picture of the dryer on a site? so you can see what it looks likes and you can really tell how it comes a part, it comes apart like a christmas tree the fake ones:lachen::lachen:sorry that the best way i can tell you .cause i dont know how to post pictures yet:nono:ps make sure she send the screw and the washer with every thing cause you going need it to hold the base together:yep:

Last edited:
I would be cautious, because it's already used, and if she can't figure that the hood is detachable, I wouldn't be too confident in her packing it properly, so it doesn't get damaged. You don't want a damaged Pibbs with no warranty. "You should talk to her about shipping . Mine came as two boxes inside of a large box with mad padding. I would make sure she packs it right.

Hello ladies!! I am happy to announce that I am expecting!:grin: Yep, my 30 pound "bundle of joy" will be arriving some time next week!:lachen: The poor woman had to go to UPS and FedEx before she could ship it for a reasonable price!

Hello ladies!! I am happy to announce that I am expecting!:grin: Yep, my 30 pound "bundle of joy" will be arriving some time next week!:lachen: The poor woman had to go to UPS and FedEx before she could ship it for a reasonable price!
:dance7::Copy of 2cool::waytogo:now go find a place for it to stand i told my son i was going to put it in my bedroom but she still standing in the liveing room:blush::lachen:let us know when she gets home:yep:

Back