There is hope after all for my hair...

Leslie_C

hi ladies,
I havent even posted here in the longest bc my hair took a turn for the worse and I was on the verge of shaving it bc it was to damaged and broken. I tried to use Affirm regular strength lye and I figured out after getting it twice at the salon and twice at home, it was ruining my hair. I had sections in the back crown area broken off to like 1/2 to 1 inch. I just got a treatment and trimmed as much damaged hair as I could and got ready to get a sew in.

Well, I took a break from perms for like the past 4 months...I got a sewn in for 2 months. It was my first ever and I loved it! Then for the past few weeks Ive been wearing an instant weave. Ive been just keeping it as moisturized as I can and some MTG here and there. So today I finally get the nerve to wash/condition/blow dry it. Its the first time Ive dried it so I could see what it looked like. Well I am happy to say that is looks MUCH MUCH better now. Its thicker all over and the broken off part is nearly filled in where u cant tell.

Im either gonna keep getting sewn ins or get a lace front and I hope that by summer it will be back past my shoulders again (where is was before my setback). Im gonna continue my relaxer break bc my hair seems to thrive more when I do that as long as it isnt manipulated much. Im optimistic and Im gonna start taking vitamins again and using MTG more regularly.

Just wanted to check in...Im still a lurker but I just havent had anything to say since I was failing miserably at haircare! ;)

Thanks for the testimony. My hair has gone through severe breakage and I was going to cut it off too.

I decided instead to do an Aphogee treatment and tomorrow I will be getting braids.

At the end of December I will take them off for a wedding and start wearing half wigs.

So hopefully by the summer time, we'll both be brastrap or close to it.

Leslie_C, I'm sorry to hear about your hair woes! I haven't seen you here in a long minute!

Glad to hear your hair is on the mend!!

LaNecia! Hey girl! you are looking fierce these days and the boyfriend IS a cutie! :) Im gonna PM u cause lots has changed lately!

I agree with using the sew ins the lady who does mine is very gentle with my hair and my hair is growing along with that and some MTG. I am debating whether or not to go back to my braid lady now..

Good luck to Leslie.

Leslie, I am so happy to hear from you! I am so excited that you are back on track! Keep it up, hon!!! Love you!

I'm glad you didn't chop it off. I had breakage around the hairline and nape area. My hair is finally thickening up. I'm going to wear braids for six months. I"m hoping for more progress. Congrats!!

Back