The Waiting Game: Are you playing?

I'm playing the game too, except when I've been waiting for a while and don't seem to see much progress or feel like my progress is slow, I tend to do something counterproductive like cut my hair or try a new product that totally messes up the game. Thankfully, after 2 years of learning, I think I'm finally starting to move past destructive behavior and be a little more patient.:yep: Good thread!

I'm playing the game too, except when I've been waiting for a while and don't seem to see much progress or feel like my progress is slow, I tend to do something counterproductive like cut my hair or try a new product that totally messes up the game. Thankfully, after 2 years of learning, I think I'm finally starting to move past destructive behavior and be a little more patient.:yep: Good thread!

Came in thread to say yes, I'm waiting...:ohwell:.....and waiting....
(my face was on 'hair feelings hurt' mode for years...)

and to look at my cuz's Lavendar pretty hair...:grin:

Yep... I pretty much have my regimen down. It's very simple. Now I'm just waiting on it to grow. :ohwell: I'm going to try to keep my weaves up for the next 6 months but we'll see.

That is definitely me. I must say that the past year I've had significant growth. This time last year I was stretching towards 6months. I'm currently almost 3 months past relaxing and I have some major growth but they are very soft. I'm at APL now, when I was bearly at SL last year. I know it will take some time to reach BSL but I'm not sweating it. More than anything I want thickness, so I'm waiting.

I'm waiting also. I have my reggie down pack. I just started back taking my vits. Now, I just sit back and let it do what it do:grin: Funny thing is, I use to get so excited, Is it growing? Is it growing? Is it growing?:lachen: but once I went and sat my arse down somewhere, that's when I started seeing results. Like the saying " a watched pot never boils" (so true):yep:

Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I am currently wigging it up and have recently found some cute hats. So...I'll be wigging it up and waiting until graduation.

yes mam I am definitely waiting! I'm trying to encourage myself this next year b/c I know that I'll really start to see the results I've been looking for!

Thanks, nymane, for bumping this thread back up! I think I read it a long time ago, but I definitely needed to see it again before I did something foolish and jacked up my progress. I think my current regimen is getting it done (I keep catching myself in the mirror now and then and asking myself if my hair is really that long in the back), but some days it feels like I'm just not making any progress. Thanks for reminding me to be patient: it's like losing weight; didn't gain it in a day, won't lose it in a day.

Yup, I'm waiting it out as well! Most of the women with beautifully long hair have been on the board for a while (+3 years)...that gives me hope and motivation to keep waiting. By 2011 yall ain't gonna be able to tell me nothin! :grin::grin::grin:

:yep: This is me, by my estimation I wouldn't see dramatic looking results (or my length goal) before April 2011 :sad: for me boredom, colour and scissors are great adversaries:yawn:

I'm playing. I have my reggie down pat. Very K.I.S.S. and I've seen lots of progress. There's nothing left for me to do but WAIT. I will say though, that with every few inches or so of growth I get, I "discover" a new *style* my hair can do--so that breaks up the monotony a bit.

Yes I am. But I can tell u though it's kinda making me impatient. I'm trying to play mind game with myself so I can enjoy the waiting period now

Back