The Ultimate Wedding Reception Playlist

delitefulmane

I am trying to come up with a good list of songs to play at the reception.

Please list any nice fast, mid-tempo or slow songs by African-American artists that you think would be nice for a wedding reception.

I like Jazz also.

Here are a few songs from my playlist...

Believe in Love - Tamia
Still - Tamia
Betcha by Golly Wow - Phyllis Hyman
After All is Said and Done - Beyonce and Marc Nelson
Nothing Even Matters - Lauryn Hill and D'Angelo
At Your Best - Aaliyah
So Amazing - Luther Vandross
Moody's Mood for Love - Brian McKnight, Take 6, Patti Austin
Crazy Over You - 112
Words - Anthony Hamilton and India Arie
I Just Wanna Hang Around You - George Benson

You're welcome delitefulmane! These were played during my reception, with the exception of After All is Said and Done (my entrance) and Believe in Love (our intro).

I've always thought time of my life was a good first dance song lol
But I'm kinda dramatic.
Maybe
All my life K-ci &Jojo
Endless love Lionel R. Diana R
Sweet love Anita Baker
All of me John Legend
Real love, Spend my life with you Eric benet
:look: Let's get married Jaged Edge
For you I will Monica

Last edited:
Some ones I know I for sure want are "I like it" by the Debarges, "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney, and "Share My World" and "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Kem are a bit more slow for the celebratory mood that I want but they are soooo beautiful that I will maybe slide them in after some fast songs where we can have a break.

And I am not sure what sentimental-type song I want to start my father-daughter dance to, but I know it will be interrupted halfway through with Pharrell's "Happy." I try to keep my dad's cardio game on point and I made him dance to this several times in 2014. lol. It annoys him but the song is so catchy that he gets up and runs around with me and my mom. My fiance and I have done several laps around his kitchen to Happy as well. lol

Oh, another song we have to have is Sade's "Nothing Can Come Between Us." (that may not be the actual title name but it's the refrain) and goo gobs of Al Green and Maze.

I know you didn't ask for a narrative but I'm feeling chatty :look: :lol:

Last edited:
Back