The Things That Some Women Do....

She isn’t black (thankfully), she’s European Spanish mixed with something else. Husband is Portuguese.

I spoked to the hubby earlier he told me that she is meeting up with the BF tonight (well earlier) and that he and the son might have to book into their hotel again, I just rolled my eyes.

Maria lives a charmed life. Hubby told me he does all of the cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. She just sits on the sofa watching TV or reading. It’s no wonder she is reluctant to move in with her BF because something tells me she wouldn’t be able to just sit on her arse with him.

So I've been following this thread and I am curious if you believe your friend the ex-hubby is being entirely truthful? This story just gets more outlandish with each update and now he's doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and checking into hotels with their child so the ex-wife can get her swerve on? I don't know ANY man that would continue to tolerate such nonsense or be so accommodating. Heck most men are only accommodating to a point when they are with you but this one bending over backwards for the one he ain't wit...quite frankly something is WRONG with him! He's either playing the victim card to the max (not sure what his motive or benefit would be but some men like to play the victim) or some of this is highly embellished. Most men too proud to admit on a consistent basis they being played like a sucker! No shade to you OP, I just think ole dude is being a little extra with his version of the events in MHO.

So I've been following this thread and I am curious if you believe your friend the ex-hubby is being entirely truthful? This story just gets more outlandish with each update and now he's doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and checking into hotels with their child so the ex-wife can get her swerve on? I don't know ANY man that would continue to tolerate such nonsense or be so accommodating. Heck most men are only accommodating to a point when they are with you but this one bending over backwards for the one he ain't wit...quite frankly something is WRONG with him! He's either playing the victim card to the max (not sure what his motive or benefit would be but some men like to play the victim) or some of this is highly embellished. Most men too proud to admit on a consistent basis they being played like a sucker! No shade to you OP, I just think ole dude is being a little extra with his version of the events in MHO.

It’s true and I had considered it, because if this is all true he puts up with it a lot, why I’m not sure. He alluded to the fact that he feels guilt; he cheated on her during their marriage and in the end was brazen about it (so I don’t have much sympathy for the husband either). I have sat and thought to myself well why do you put up with this ish, man up already and tell her to fix up. He doesn’t seem to want or be able to do that so I do I think that guilt plays a major part in this quite complex pair and Maria will be aware of that...

That and the fact that he still lives in the marital home, maybe he doesn’t want to rock the boat with arguments. I don’t know I’m guestimating here.

But like everything there are two sides to every story. I would love to be able to talk to her about it to get her view.

Men will do a lot of things out of guilt, not wanting to be alone, or for financial reasons. They may also be emotionally abused.

Back