The Soulmate Experience?

It's one of those things you just kind of know. When it IS, you won't wonder or question it. I met my "soulmate" online. We were just really cool friends online but when we finally met we could not stand to let a day pass without being together. He lived a little over an hour away and sold his home and moved to an apt close to where I lived so he would not need to drive to see me everyday. We were engaged in six weeks and married a year later. NONE of this seemed odd to us although folks thought we had lost our minds and some even boycotted our wedding as a "waste of a gift". Our marriage was mostly like the 12 year date that never ended (well, it did but that is a story for another day). In short, we had a major ball!

Now about your situation...here is the thing... You have a SO. This person is a FRIEND of the SO. That , in itself, is a problem. I truly believe had this been the REAL DEAL, the SO would have been long kicked to the curb. It is like a snowball rolling downhill once you meet the right person - things naturally progress of their own accord. I'm not saying you two aren't really feeling each other - but you will dig a lot of people in your lifetime and unfortunately MOST of them will NOT be THE ONE. My advice to you is to evaluate your current relationship and decide where you want to go with that FIRST. Do this without factoring the "soulmate" in the situation at all. Once you are free and clear, if that is where you decide to be, you may definitely want to consider exploring a friendship with the soulmate. At any rate, you have not ONCE even speculated about calling your current SO soulmate so chances are you just may be ready to move along from him to greener pastures.

I doubt the first two bolded statements. I am the type to overanalyze everything, so even if I think I am right, I will continue to doubt myself. Which is likely a big part of why I am still with the SO, along with indecisiveness..:ohwell:
And maybe 'friend' was too strong of a word. They are more like acquaintances.... I really don't care to get into how they met.... but they don't really have a friendship, per se. They just know each other.

I have been cool on the soulmate sentiments though as of late... He is a really good friend and I just concentrate around that. Being a friend, and not thinking about whether we will end up together or not.

And yes, I have considered it. But it is a complicated situation, and very confusing. So I will definitely have to sit down and think long and hard, without taking past occurrences/feelings into account to really think clearly about our status.

Thanks so much for your input.:yep:

I guess we have to agree to disagree, I heard her say soulmate.

In the clip it was about the woman leaving her husband and deciding that the woman she met was "her soulmate". That is the reason, the woman on the clip was so devastated. Remember, Oprah said...I can tell you are still devastated from the break-up.

Remember?

Rerun came on yesterday. She never said soulmate.

Actually she said that when she hears someone say that they found "the one" . . . she didn't say soulmate. I have to point out the difference because in most cases "the one" isn't your soulmate. Most people meet their soulmate but never marry them. And furthermore most married people will not admit that they didn't marry their soulmate. AND your soulmate doesn't necessarily mean your romantic partner for life. That's just a romantic notion that we have.

Lol, if you meet your soulmate and never marry him,
then I know exactly who my soulmate is.... and nope. we will Never get married.
Ever. I threw that hope down the drain a long, loong time ago.

I think it's way to many people on earth to think that just one person out there is your soul mate. We can be happy with many different people at any given time. I gained this perspective when I broke up with my "soul mate" and was able to find love again :blush:

Back