***The Secret to The African American Girls Long Hair***

Also... I like pokemon. I got the game for the DS and everything :lachen:

No one is 100% adult. I like my cartoons and games.

She has some good artistic talent. She's only using the paint program, but she can make some decent looking stuff with it.

not to bring in the good hair bad hair thing ... but 100% African American .. and that child has 2 something type hair ? please. Show me a child with 4b WSL hair ... im not saying it isnt possible ... but God i thought I was looking at a video that would make me go WOW... it made me go Waste Of My Time

Well I have worked in this one Jamaican girls natural hair that was pressed and it was type 4a and down to her behind. Her edges were full as well as the kitchen area. Her mother just took really good care of her hair.

Oh and :look:

vaseline.jpg

what she said about heating up the vaseline I have never heard that before, that was interesting

I like this ad, its cool! lol

not to bring in the good hair bad hair thing ... but 100% African American .. and that child has 2 something type hair ? please. Show me a child with 4b WSL hair ... im not saying it isnt possible ... but God i thought I was looking at a video that would make me go WOW... it made me go Waste Of My Time

It looked like a braid out to me, that does *not* look like naturally occuring type 2 hair. I love her hair though the pic with her and the maxi glide may be her daughter, and the other pics may be her growing up? Or maybe they both have long hair? I don't see any reason not to believe it anyway because its not like shes trying to sell us anything lol. Nice inspiration... can you imagine a world where that was the norm and those lengths were easily reached by black women... oh the dreaming.

It looked like a braid out to me, that does *not* look like naturally occuring type 2 hair. I love her hair though the pic with her and the maxi glide may be her daughter, and the other pics may be her growing up? Or maybe they both have long hair? I don't see any reason not to believe it anyway because its not like shes trying to sell us anything lol. Nice inspiration... can you imagine a world where that was the norm and those lengths were easily reached by black women... oh the dreaming.

yeah I just want my hair that long :wallbash:

There is a lady who posts on NP that uses vaseline and her hair is at least BSL if not longer. Her fotki has been put up here before, I'll see if I can find it. Some people swear by vaseline and grease.

Girl stop lying... :naughty: you're like.. 2inches away from being her length. ME on other other hand... that length is still a 'maybe i can reach it.. maybe not' But I gotta stop thinking like that

I dunno girl I think it might be more than that, her hair was mid bootay! might be more inches than two for me, but it doesnt seem to want to grow anymore past this point! I just wish it would grow some more already!

but yeah stop thinking like that :poke:

haha

whatever she's doing its working good for her, and I think the little girl is her and she's just showing various stages of her hair. I commented and asked her to post more pics of her hair, lets see if she does it, and I love vaseline, but only for my legs its makes them look really tone.:lick:

Beautiful hair, but not too sure about her methods, plus, she had long hair from she was a child, I would be more convinced if she had grown it later on in life. Good luck to her....

She said she will make more hair videos and I asked her if it was her hair or her daughters hair.. still waiting on response

Well, I guess we will never really know.
I grew up with girls in School with Super long ponytails and such....They were not "mixed" they were just who they were....

We all know that descendants of African nations can have ANY texture of hair and we have variations on our own heads.

This can happen:yep:. My 11 year old daughter has hair down to her behind when I lightly flat-iron it. My husband and myself both AA.

There is a lady who posts on NP that uses vaseline and her hair is at least BSL if not longer. Her fotki has been put up here before, I'll see if I can find it. Some people swear by vaseline and grease.
:yep: Yep, grease is the best on wet hair when doing twist-outs. Much better than any gel or natural pomade I've tried.

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but I don't think that was the woman who was speaking's hair. It was probably her daughter's hair or something. Another thing is that the person didn't do anything special with their hair. I think what mostly helped them is not washing/stripping their hair frequently, not heat styling too much, and overall good genes. I'm happy that the person has achieved their hair goals, but personally I think we give much better advice on this forum :yep:.

ummmmm..........

OK - whose little girl is this?

This video is suspect - sorry

Don't get me wrong - I think that little girl's hair is hers, but - the voice and the pics..... That seems suspect.
:sad:

This is EXACTLY what i was thinking. The voice doesn't match the pic. I know its possible, but....those who usually look like little girls, have little girls voices (i may be wrong)

Who ever that was, her hair is BEAUTIFUL...no doubt

I've heard of using Vaseline on the scalp. If my scalp gets very dry, I'll either put Vaseline or Sulfur 8 on it. No damage here.

I think the first video was a picture of her daughter and the video was her. The second video was a child. Her child probably. The length (as with most people) is genetic. She's not doing anything most people don't already do here.

Hold on, now I see it. The picture of the little girl was her when she was a little girl. She's probably always had long hair. She's just not showing her face as an adult. If you look at the first video when she's flinging her hair back you can see that she definitely has hips and is an adult. The only clips of a child are in photo form, not in video form so those are probably childhood photos.

Last edited:
She has beautiful hair, but that wasn't a secret. She posted pics from birth and obvious that her mom or caretaker took care of her hair also. She managed to manage her hair all of those years. Good tips, but nothing that hasn't been discussed on this board.

I agree. She's basing her videos on the main stream view that it's tough for black women to attain long hair. But I am glad she made the videos.

Vaseline never worked wonders for my hair natural or relaxed hair. I remember i used to think vaseline would moisturizer my hair and i would keep puttin more an more on and could never understand why my hair would not get moistrized.

Her hais is very nice though

Back