the same conditioner

ladylibra_30

but different responses to heat/no heat....rinse or leave it on for 5, 10, 15 minutes...

do you ladies have this 'weirdness' occur? for instance...garnier fructis conditioner performs the best if i apply it all over my hair and then rinse immediately. it's not so hot when i put it on my hair with a plastic cap and sit under a warm dryer for 15 minutes... my hair was a little tangled and weird feeling! i would think that the conditioner would do its thang the best with the palstic cap/heat but no.

does some of your conditioners respond better with/without heat? rinse or deep condition for a few minutes? which conditioners, if any, does this to you? do you happen to know why this happens or is it just my hair?

thanks in advance ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Yes, I've experienced this with different conditioners. For example, Nexxus Humectress which I have just about given up on doesn't work with heat on my hair at all! If I leave it in for 3 minutes without heat like it says on the directions its much better.

pbe:

see, that is too weird. nexxus humectress only works well w/30 mins of heat for me or as a leave-in on dry hair.

I had just about given up on KeraCare Humecto, until I used it with heat. Without heat, it did nothing for me, but with heat it's wonderful.

thanks ladies for responding!

while i am never glad to know that anyone is having hair woes i am glad to know that it's not just me experiencing this problem w/trying to figure out how conditioners work.

humecto is ONE of the versatile conditioners that work best on me w/heat or w/o heat.

Yes, I experience this with different conditioners. Humatress w/heat 15/20 mins is okay, but I have to follow up with something like Pantene smooth and sleek a few mins. in the shower then rinse. Hair feels like silk even at 8 weeks post. GPB works well for me without heat 10/15 mins.

I don't usually use heat with my conditioners other than the protein conditioners. For some strange reason, i think they work better when left on for a long time. For ex: after using a strong protein, I would leave Garnier on for about 1-2 hours. This is the reason why I like to do my hair on the weekend. For a quick wash i just leave the conditioner on for a few minutes.

Back