The Results - The "good Guy" Experiment

TinyBlu

So, as I stated in a previous post, I am making attempts to be a bit more open as I venture back into the dating world. Having been a sista with "a list", I decided to just see what would happen if I relaxed the standards a little and go out with someone that I probably would have overlooked in the past.

...and...

I'm gonna stick with my list (within reason). As a gainfully employed woman, I have run into challenges meeting men within the same income bracket that 1) want to be faithful 2) are straight 3) want women of color 4) aren't complete A**HOLES.

I've always been open to dating outside my race (actually prefer it) to widen that dating pool, but I decided to give the nice broke guy a chance. I'm sad to say that all of my efforts to be open minded were rather futile, and for some reason, I feel badly about it.

I tried not to pick him apart, but I DID. Everything from his outfit to his poor grammar, and our overall lack of commonalities in so many areas just made the date painful which is sad because he really IS a nice guy. He was attentive and made me laugh, but I could tell immediately that he would always be "friend zoned".

Bless his heart (yes, I'm Southern), the guy is in his mid 40's and never been on a plane. When the check came, he asked where the tip line was when there was a GRATUITY line on the receipt. When I mentioned that we really didn't have much in common, he proceeded to tell me that he wants to spend time with someone who can show him things, but at my age, I don't have time to "make" someone. If we were 25, I may have responded differently to the whole "growing together" aspect, but at this point it's a bit of a turn off.

So the verdict... I am not a "round the way" girl, possibly not a ride-or-die chick either.

Yes, my standards shrink the dating pool considerably, but I'm willing to wait for less of a "fixer upper".

I wish you all the luck in the world finding what you want. I'm curious and messy, what color is Mr. Nice Guy? He's broke but still paid the check without complaining or giving you a lecture on what to order and that threw me through a loop. It did indeed. I'ma make all the southerners mad if I say what else had me playing "guess the race". :duck:

I get it! I think I posted in the single ladies thread about the really nice guy I met who was kuntry as hell with terrible grammar, limited life experiences, never traveled anywhere except where the military sent him, low on confidence, + other things. He was damn near 40. You just gotta throw them back in the sea so they can meet their female equivalent because at this point, they are who they are

I wish you all the luck in the world finding what you want. I'm curious and messy, what color is Mr. Nice Guy? He's broke but still paid the check without complaining or giving you a lecture on what to order and that threw me through a loop. It did indeed. I'ma make all the southerners mad if I say what else had me playing "guess the race". :duck:
He's a brother. I've had stones thrown at me for not giving them a chance, so I opened my horizons. I'm not saying that this black man is the norm but I couldn't help think that the dating pool is so much wider when I expand the race horizon. Oh well... we live and we learn. He will definitely be a good friend.

I get it! I think I posted in the single ladies thread about the really nice guy I met who was kuntry as hell with terrible grammar, limited life experiences, never traveled anywhere except where the military sent him, low on confidence, + other things. He was damn near 40. You just gotta throw them back in the sea so they can meet their female equivalent because at this point, they are who they are
Agreed. He just needs a girl with extensions in her hair... Bamboo earrings at least two pair...

Not a bad thing... just not MY thing.

Back