The Queen of BIG Hair....DEAD!

Chevelure618

Farrah Fawcett died today in L.A. She was known for her hairstyle.
I am old enough to remember the craze. Every woman, black or white tried some variation on her hair style. In those days it was: Relaxer, blow dried hot and fast from saturated to bone dry to get as flat as possible (there were no flatirons) then basically a U-shaped haircut with angled front. Angled front....a must-have. Then a hot as hell large barrel curling iron to flip the front angles up. Brush and lift and the hair fell into the do. The Farrah Fawcett do.

I am shocked. She was the hair icon of the century. One word out of her mouth, a toss of that mane and she'd hush the room...actually the nation.

Damn cancer....wish they'd find a cure.

I think one of the reasons I'm obsessed with all things hair today is due to being mesmerized by Farrah's pretty, thick fluffy mane. I remember getting a weave back in 1990 and had it cut and styled in the famous Farrah hair.

I just posted her pic on my hair site to pay tribute to that famous hair.
RIP Farrah Fawcett...:Rose:

She had some awesome hair! People are still trying to replicate that style 30 something years later. I'm glad her son was able to visit with her in April. I'm gonna watch the ABC special tonight. My heart goes out to her friends and family. R.I.P. Miss Farrah, America's favorite angel.

farrahfawcettposter.jpg

My prayers go out to her loved ones. I am so sad. I looooved Charlie's Angels and she was so beautiful...

There's so many types of cancer that it's kind of difficult to find an all inclusive cure. There are pretty awesome treatments such as pills chemotherapy radiation surgery diet change, etc.
We pretty much all have cancer right now in our bodies, but as we age, the body's ability to destroy those cancer cells lessens.

My prayers are with her Family and Friends. We all feel a bit of sadness as some of us remember her in the Charlie's Angel's Days. I did not realize the cancer she was stricken with was Anal Cancer. Life is so short and I know she is suffered, but she is in heaven now. May Farrah rest in peace with our Lord and the Angels above.

I am pretty Sad about this.... It is just awful.
I remember playing Charlie's Angels ( I had the Dolls - and we played outside as CA's)

And I also remember wanting the HAIR!!!

She is the original Hair Idol!

:sad:

She wasn't just a hair icon...Some of you maybe too young but she was a sex symbol...Young boys from every background and color loved them some Farrah Fawcett ....Posters, T shirts....

She will be missed

So unfortuante. She was a pretty darn good actress to boot. Brought home invasion and spousal abuse to the spotlight.

Back