How do you style the front of your hair?

The front of your hair!

Ok LHCFers....I am still in newbie land after lurking for a little while:

Um...PLEASE answer the question below as I have been thinking about it for over 2 weeks now!!! (then I realized I could just ask)
:yep:

I was all oooohs and aaaahs over all the pretty hair pics in avatars, siggies and Fotki's...then it hit me: "I know that her hair is pretty from the back (and long and healthy) etc and that her "protective bun" is amazingly well put together" BUT

Ladies, what are you doing with the front of your hair!?!?!

Is there a side part? a middle part? a swoop? a little in your face? do you have your hair cut to frame your face? Is it all one length? Is there a giant tattoo? do you just slap on a headband? do you shave it off!?!?!

I understand you may not want to post pics of yourself from the front for various reasons, so please at least describe the way you wear your hair in the front AND for those of you that don't mind, post a pic...I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know (and if there is a way that you hope to one day style it, you can post that too)

:thankyou: I am getting a little bored, I let my layers grow out and the front is looking a little blah without my swoopiness....

Last edited:
Headbands, clips, pins, swoop. It depends on the style. I clip my twistouts and braidouts back like this: the pictures kind of dark, but its parted in the middle, and pinned back on each side. When bunning, it's usually a side part. When down its usually swooped. It all depends, I switch it up.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 29
Ok LHCFers....I am still in newbie land after lurking for a little while:

Um...PLEASE answer the question below as I have been thinking about it for over 2 weeks now!!! (then I realized I could just ask):yep:

I was all oooohs and aaaahs over all the pretty hair pics in avatars, siggies and Fotki's...then it hit me: I know that her hair is pretty from the back (and long and healthy) etc and that her "protective bun" is amazingly well put together BUT

Ladies, what are you doing with the front of your hair!?!?!

Is there a side part? a middle part? a swoop? a little in your face? do you have your hair cut to frame your face? Is there a giant tattoo? do you just slap on a headband? do you shave it off!?!?!

I understand you may not want to post pics of yourself from the front for various reasons, so please at least describe the way you wear your hair in the front AND for those of you that don't mind, post a pic...I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know (and if there is a way that you hope to one day style it, you can post that too)

:thankyou:

I parted on the left side and side sweep it...I have a pic on my fotki...in my twist tutorial

Sometimes ill do that front 'hump' style. Or ill have a section of hair from my bang styled to the side. My favorite is a parted side with the front swept over my forehead covering a lil bit of the eye. and side pony. Other than that its just slicked back in a bun

I don't like too much hair in my face because I like my whole face to show so I usually have the front of my hair pinned up with some tussled hair coming down on the side (half up, half down)

I don't wear parts or bangs or swoops; none of those look good on me. I have a small forehead and face, with full hairline/edges and lots of "baby hair." I wear my hair going straight back, usually with a skinny headband.

In my avatar pic, I have a curly tendril draping along my eyebrow :look:...I don't think I'll be doing that again. In my siggy, my curls are pushed back, away from my forehead, secured by a skinny headband.

I usually wear it straight back off my face. Or I will make a side part, and braid each side and pull it all back into a bun.

I need to try this middle part thing....I have always done a side part...with a swoop---unfortunately my flatironing ways and incompetent hair cuts have lead to a weak thin front and for now I can't do anything but let it grow out....but I am afraid that having it all one length would be boring or look bad

You know the 'hump' slash bouffant?

I hate it, but I can't wear my hair straight back as my heat is amazingly huge. I recently cut bangs but that was a bad idea since I'm transitioning and the bangs just stick straight out

Back