The Power of Hair

lthomas1

Hair Power!
Recently I ran into a friend and her sister a few days ago. They were both shocked at how long my hair is now. Well the conversation turned negative. She and her baldheaded sister told me that too many people make too much out of hair and their have short hair because they don't want their hair to grow. It looks better short anyway. I couldn't believe they were hating. The baldheaded one said my hair looked nice but started to name people that hair looked better than mine. I told her mine looked better than hers and she shut up after that.
ohwell.gif

Guess who
phone.gif
and wanted me to go to the beauty supply store with them.
driver.gif
Had the nerve to wake me up out of a sleep.
sleeping.gif
and I mean I was cutting some serious zzz. I told her that I would not have time to go today. Now that I am more clearheaded, the next time they call I am going to tell both of them to get lost for good. I decided this is not the kind of friendship I want. The nerve.
swearing.gif

The sad thing is, they could have hair as healthy and long as yours if they werent so lazy. Thats why they are hating is because they just dont want to take the time to handle theirs and no one else should. If they're satisfied with short nappy hair, then you should be too. NOT

rofl.gif

Hair is very powerful, it brings all type of haters out of the wood work.

I have been experiencing the same problem since my hair started growing. My friend whose hair has been the same length for the past 5 years, won't admit that my hair has grown. When I asked her if my hair was longer after I got my last relaxer she just responded with I don't know.
This is the main reason why I started my photo album.

That is really a shame how jealous some people can be over hair. I'm glad you plan to get rid of those haters.

pooh123

"the baldheaded one"
laugh.gif

That made me laugh.

No you don't need that kinda negativity. And it sounds like they stink of jealousy.

jeLLOUSERSSSSS

NEVA NEVA EVA HANG AROUND THEM, THEY WANNA GROW THERE HAIR LONG TOOO..........

They must have drank some serious haterade to say something like that. That is hating at it’s best. They lie when they say they keep their hair short because they don’t want it to grow then turn around and want some advice on products! Gurl I wouldn’t tell ‘em squat. Let them marinate in their hate juices!
laugh.gif

The sad part is I have known them for 14 years, and we always go along. But now I would not take a trip to the dog pound with them.

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:
The baldheaded one said my hair looked nice but started to name people that hair looked better than mine. I told her mine looked better than hers and she shut up after that.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get over that. People take jealousy to a new level these days.
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
rofl.gif

Hair is very powerful, it brings all type of haters out of the wood work.

I have been experiencing the same problem since my hair started growing. My friend whose hair has been the same length for the past 5 years, won't admit that my hair has grown. When I asked her if my hair was longer after I got my last relaxer she just responded with I don't know.
This is the main reason why I started my photo album.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw your pictures and I think your hair is beautiful. Your friend knows that she sees it too. Just jealous!!!

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:
I told her mine looked better than hers and she shut up after that.
ohwell.gif

I like your nerve! Seriously, keep up the good work! That was a very good defensive answer since your were obviously under attack and it worked!
Your friends exhibited immature behavior and poor self esteem when they came at you like that however, one of them knew she was wrong. The one who called for the hair store trip obviously wanted to make amends for her transgressions. Who else to go product shopping with than her friend with the long, pretty hair. I believe in her own way, she was attempting to apologize to you.

[ QUOTE ]
chewy said:
Your friends exhibited immature behavior and poor self esteem when they came at you like that however, one of them knew she was wrong. The one who called for the hair store trip obviously wanted to make amends for her transgressions. Who else to go product shopping with than her friend with the long, pretty hair. I believe in her own way, she was attempting to apologize to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the self esteem thing - both of these women are clearly haters.

However, I doubt that she was trying to apologize in any way by asking you to go to the bss. She just wanted to know your hair secrets so she can continue hating until her hair catches up with yours
nono.gif
Since they've been your friends for so long, I don't know if you want to cut them off altogether, but I would be very hesitant to share my hair info with them after the way they acted. Just tell "the baldheaded one" to direct all questions to those other women whose hair looks better than yours
laugh.gif

Just tell "the baldheaded one" to direct all questions to those other women whose hair looks better than yours, thanks Miss Brown!!!

This is a good one!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The sad thing is that short hair can look just as good as long hair as long as the person takes CARE of it.

I have seen some gorgeous, breathtaking short cuts and chin length bobs. In my opinion, they look just as good, (in some cases, better) than long hair. A few have had me considering a cut.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
What a shame people just can't be happy for you.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree...If they were TRUE friends, they would congratulate you instead of hating!

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
The sad thing is that short hair can look just as good as long hair as long as the person takes CARE of it.

I have seen some gorgeous, breathtaking short cuts and chin length bobs. In my opinion, they look just as good, (in some cases, better) than long hair. A few have had me considering a cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right there are alot of beautiful styles short and long but I was not making comparison of her 1/4 inch nest with others with short beautiful styles. I felt that she did it to humiliate me.

[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
You now know that these people would stab you in the back eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right a few years ago there was an issue over my clothes. I wear alot of suits to work. They showed alittle attitude when I receive a compliment from someone.

Spoken like true Haters. I get that too, the ol, your hair is long but so-in-so's hair is a couple of inches longer than yours.

[ QUOTE ]
Dutchess said:
Spoken like true Haters. I get that too, the ol, your hair is long but so-in-so's hair is a couple of inches longer than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

When people say this what is there point? No matter who they name, one thing rings true her hair is still not longer than mine.

HATERS!!!! who needs them......but you know you are doing a great job with you hair if it becomes the topic of conversation or hateration!!!! keep up the great work and ignore them......

Thanks for all the encouraging words, you all are so wonderful. I was so stressed out this morning, but now I feel much better.

pathetic, don't they know how envious they sound??? it's like every time they try to take you down a notch with empty words that they sound AND look like two jealous bald eagles to the casual observer
rofl.gif

What a compliment! You're right--hair is powerful. I guess some women can't help their little hater-selves
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
If they're satisfied with short nappy hair, then you
should be too. NOT

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing's wrong with nappy hair

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
pathetic, don't they know how envious they sound??? it's like every time they try to take you down a notch with empty words that they sound AND look like two jealous bald eagles to the casual observer
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I never understood this myself. You'd think that alone would stop them. People like this would easily recognize others hating on them if it happened, but cant see that others would look at them the same way.

Back