The OTHER Braid n' Curl (Pics + Quick Video)

westNDNbeauty

Most have seen my signature style the braid n’ curl which I complete on a freshly conditioned, wet head of hair using a holding cream or solution such as Lotta Body Setting Lotion or Oyin’s Shine and Define.

This time I decided to complete a braid n’ curl using the other method — starting with dry, stretched hair. I used Curls Curl Souffle as my styling product and I slept overnight with the braids and perming rods. Click HERE to see the video results. This method allows for bigger hair, but does not last as long as the original signature style.

My dress is one of my recent finds at Target of African Batik/Tribal print. I am in love with this style of print. You may see a few posts throughout the Summer. I’m collecting every and anything in Batik!

Last edited:
Love it. I have adopted the braid and curl as my signature style as well. I get a LOT of compliments. Ironic that you posted this because I decided to try the style on stretched hair. My hair shrinks a lot - my apl length hair becomes ear length with this style. Your post will help me figure out what products to use the keep the 'set' of the style while getting more length. I'm thinking of listing my dry stretched hair with water and then applying Jane Carters wrapping lotion to set. Will see how it goes.

ETA - the style kinda looks like a bantu-knot out.

Last edited:
Really, really cute.
I've done this on old blowouts-turns out great!!

I've got to make a trip to Target soon.....that is super cute.
Btw, which island are you from?? I was trying to figure it out from your "Accent" video, my guess is Trini??

Back