The one that got away

Never. But ask any of them and they'd all probably all say that they regret my departure. I know of 3 off the top of my head that hate that I got away...but I digress, this thread is not about that.

Never. But ask any of them and they'd all probably all say that they regret my departure. I know of 3 off the top of my head that hate that I got away...but I digress, this thread is not about that.

Ditto...most men don't realize they had a good thing until it's gone. :drunk:

i had a good thing that i let get away because he was not much of a talker and i love to talk and listen as well. he was the best boyfriend i ever had. even after we broke up he check up on me. until one day he professed his love for me and i told him i could not handle it. years later he finds me on FB and now we cant stop talking. the conversations are always at least 2 hours long were before they were like 15 minutes max.
the bad thing is that he is now with someone else and they have 2 kids. i know what im doing is wrong. but its just that we are connecting like never before. i have never connected with any man b4.

Last edited:
In answer to your question: Yep... I'm going through that right now. I made a lot of mistakes, and I should have done things differently, but I guess now it's too late. He's already moved on and is dating someone else.

So.... I don't know what will happen in the future, but I guess you win some and you lose some. :ohwell:

i had a good thing that i let get away because he was not much of a talker and i love to talk and listen as well. he was the best boyfriend i ever had. even after we broke up he check up on me. until one day he professed his love for me and i told him i could not handle it. years later he finds me on FB and now we cant stop talking. the conversations are always at least 2 hours long were before they were like 15 minutes max.
the bad thing is that he is now with someone else and they have 2 kids. i know what im doing is wrong. but its just that we are connecting like never before.

Hmmm....something just doesn't sit well with me regarding this situation. :( I feel like someone could possibly get hurt.

the bad thing is that he is now with someone else and they have 2 kids. i know what im doing is wrong. but its just that we are connecting like never before.

You CAN stop talking, you are choosing not to because you are enjoying it. Given the the topic title you are not thinking of him as a friend.

It is best to cut it off before you get into "crossing the line" comments.

In answer to your question: Yep... I'm going through that right now. I made a lot of mistakes, and I should have done things differently, but I guess now it's too late. He's already moved on and is dating someone else.

So.... I don't know what will happen in the future, but I guess you win some and you lose some. :ohwell:

Hmmm....something just doesn't sit well with me regarding this situation. :( I feel like someone could possibly get hurt.

yes i know. me

he's in a different state and i feel like i've already crossed the line. i don't enjoy this at all. i wouldn't want anyone to do it to me.

Last edited:
No, thankfully. I used to be so afraid to break up with my ex because I didn't want to think he was "the one that got away" years from then. A year later, I'm extremely happy I'm not with him.

I think that you should cut off facebook contact if it's making you uneasy.

Some folks find the opposite sex more appealing when they are with someone. Maybe that's the case.

To answer the question, I am THE ONE that my exes let get away. :grin:

Some folks find the opposite sex more appealing when they are with someone. Maybe that's the case.

Exactly! One of my exes just contacted me the day before yesterday, telling me I was the one that got away, apologizing for "not being the man I wanted him to be", and telling me none of them other females had sh*t on me.

Mind you we broke up 4 years ago.

No that's not the case with me. I have always found him appealing.

Last edited:
I put an end to what has been going on because the guilt of it is to much for me.

that guilt was your BEST friend...
don't regret letting this go...it was not a true connection as long
as he lied to wife/SO..then it's premised on illusion

but now you know you have capabiltiy to
receive :)

but it will be from a man who is all that and
available ..just to you! ..and you will remember
the time to handle love is NOW..
and not let it or him slip away
:)

Last edited:
He was the best I ever had he never wanted to let me go. He's been chasing me for over 10 years.

Yes... but the diiference between then..and now
is that NOW...you get to REALLY see what he would have
been like...if he'd committed... to you!

That could have been ..you.....with the two kids.....
while he is off chasing other women behind your back

you knew deep down what you were doing in letting him get away
was the best thing you could have done for yourself
look at what you could have wound up with~~~

but second sight..what a gift
no he's not the best....far from it
the best is still to come :)

Last edited:

thanks kayte i appreciate it. i just wish that i wasnt so impatient with him.
everything happens for a reason. we both made our beds now we have to lie in it.

the bad thing is that he is now with someone else and they have 2 kids. i know what im doing is wrong. but its just that we are connecting like never before. i have never connected with any man b4.

You know what? He is the one who blew it, not you. Even though you say he is the best boyfriend you ever had, you also say that he was not much of a talker. You needed him to be a better communicator BACK THEN, not now that he is married and has two kids. You are romanticizing him. If I were his wife I would be broken hearted, to imagine him talking to another woman for two hours:sad:. I am so glad you have broken it off. Someone who is available and a good communicator will find you and he will be all yours. You can and you will do much better.

Also ITA with Kayte, she is speaking the truth.

dont want for a person from your past, there is a reason he didnt make it into your future...
just because he popped up and ya'll have this "awesome" connection doesnt mean you lost out on a good thing...you dont know what he is like when your not talking to him, he could be raising his hand to his wife or talking all kinds of crazy to her (god forbid)...
just because he developed some characteristics that you like does not make he any more of the man for you...

Please stop all communication.

I am sooo happy right now that my exes "got away". I thank God for that because at the time i couldn't see how it was for the best and even second guessed myself for kicking them to the curb thinking may i was too harsh/unforgiving/picky, etc. I did the right thing.

............................:ohwell:

Last edited:
I really thought I posted here!
The one that got away - is away for a reason. All he was/is a distraction from the person you are going to soon be with! Just remember that when men like this come on your path you will now know not to even give these jokers a second look. At least you saw what was going on and the problem is other women will see this as an oppurtunity to take up their own agenda with a married man. Remember a realtionship with a married man leads to no where. Your man you are meant to be with is under your nose!

For the longest, I believed that I had allowed one to get away from me. Time healed me, but JUST this weekend I learned that either I was just young and crazy in love or bro-man has CHANGED (not necessarily for better either).

Things do happen for a reason. Trust that. With that said, if you guys were meant to be together, it'll happen. Otherwise, wait for the REAL DEAL!

There was one that got away. Sigh... We had a connection like no other. While it's true that what's meant to be, will be... Sometimes you still wonder, "What if?" lol.

Back