The Mini Twist / Mini Braid Thread

I have really, left my hair alone. Need to remind myself even though the weather is humid. My hair still needs moisture.

washed my twists .. oil and moisturized my hair. I have a 2 week vacation in August. So far. I've kept these twists since June. So I might take them out entirely and re-twist them again. Rather re-do it in sections. But it depends how I feel when the time comes.

Got the gray hair out the way and did a new set. I did a very light blow dry because I knew I was a using water based gel to do the mini braids. My hair looks super short here because the gel made my shrinkage go to 10000%. Plan is to keep these in until middle of September.20240722_082123~2.jpg

@B_Phlyy , Same here, girl!! GL with your training!!

I last refreshed my micro braids over 6 weeks ago! I have NEVER gone this long without a refresh. But we are enjoying this lazy summer hair. I will have to be very careful when I take down to refresh. I'm debating combining them and making them bigger. I'm due to texlax in Oct and my last textlax was in December.

And braids are definitely superior to twists for long term on my head!

I've been watching from the sidelines and now ready to hang out. Seems like the last time I did twist was in January and I've been trying to get around to another set since then.

It takes me about 2 hours which is good because I can watch a movie. I want to wear them 2 weeks with a water rinse 7 days in. I will see if that works.

20240107_174021_copy_800x774.jpg Jan 2024

20240810_180743_copy_1973x2307.jpg August 2024

I miss my mini braids, I just don't have the energy to do them.
Aww ((HUG))

My lazy way of starting mine is that I put my hair into bigger braids that only take me an hour or two to install. And then rock those bunned for a while and start converting them to minis beginning in the back. The big braids give me the immediate relief I need from loose hair and then I can take my time, a week or more :look: , installing the mini braids.

7 weeks in these micro braids. I started transitioning them into mini twists (with braided base) last night. Just spent pretty much the whole day today on the biggest part of my head so that row took forever to convert. I'm transitioning on "dirty" hair in that I last did a shower wash about 4 days ago.

So far I only had to cut one really tiny knot out (maybe 3 strands on it, tops) bc I was getting tired last night. I've kept minis in for months at a time but I usually refresh every 3-4 weeks, I've NEVER gone this long before! I'm not sure if I'll repeat it. Life was throwing me a lot of things I needed to tend to first. I'll do another row or two tomorrow.

I'm loving the heaviness of the bigger sections of hair. I like micros bc they show a lot of length but my fine hair makes them kinda flyaway and too easy to mold into a shape. These twists are heavier and swinging whenever I move. :blush2: Also twists are inherently softer than braids on my hair so it feels really plump right now. Anndddd, they are hanging on my back again - past my armpit!

smile-giggle.gif

Back