The "Learn a New Skill" Challenge!!!

I must learn how to manage my hair in a continually dry state since I have to nix the frequent co-washing, so I need to become better adept at:

- Rollersetting
- Braid-outs
- Twist-outs

NEVERMIND, i read ur post wrong LOL...carry on

I'm in!! I already started, LOL

1. learn how to corn row (I just can't figure out how to start them off right)
2. learn how to do a sew in (once I perfect the cornrows :))

1. Rollerset with rollers not flexirods.
2. NEAT PARTS!!!!!! Who cares that I can't cornrow, I can't make a straight part to save my life!
3. develope second day hair. I have never been able to wear 2nd day hair.

Bumping!

And also, Pookaloo reminded me that I wanted to learn three strand twists!! I've watched at least a couple of youtube videos on it, and I STILL can't figure out how they do it!!! :perplexed I'll get it though!

Oh, and I was gonna work on some two strand flat twists in the front of my hair today, but I have an uncomfortable suspicion that my edges are thinning at the temple!! :nervous2: I'm gonna keep an eye on them for the next couple months or so and to give them a rest.

I would like to learn how to

1) self-relax and to get beautiful healthy soft results
2) to be able to curl my hair as beautiful as Reecie's hair on this board.

1. Cornrow
2. Crochet braids (trying this weekend, hope it's not a HAM!)
3. Rollerset

I'm watching a ton of YT videos on crochet, hopefully I can learn something.

Okay ladies, so I've decided to start working on my two strand flat twists. Here's a few pics!

These are from today, just a few minutes ago actually. :grin:

100_1339.jpg
100_1337.jpg

These are from last week. I think I like these better. Please ignore hideous lack of eyebrows!! :wallbash:

100_1331.jpg
100_1318.jpg

I've still got quite a ways to go, but I don't think this is too bad. I don't mind them being seen in public so I guess that's a good sign! :grin: I think they'll only get better with more practice! :yep:

It looks real cute Sianna, now what I want to learn how to do is .....a sew-in... That's all I want! I watched enough vids on youtube but still afraid to try it....sigh a step by step pic tutorial would help ladies:yep:

1. Rollerset with rollers not flexirods.
2. NEAT PARTS!!!!!! Who cares that I can't cornrow, I can't make a straight part to save my life!
3. develope second day hair. I have never been able to wear 2nd day hair.

I'm in!
I desperatly want to learn how to :
1. Cornrow
2. Do a sew-in
3. Do a full head sew I with closure

1.) Flat Iron with a silky feathered finish!
2.) Cornrow
3.) Roller set,Flexi rod, or Straw set (when my hair is longer)
4.) comb curls

I'd like to learn the bolded as well as:
  • how to do a nice/neat bun on my coily hair
  • a great wash n go with defined coils & curls
  • a nice braid out (I can do the 2 strand twist out)
  • cornrowed tree braids (I can do the crochet braids)
  • how to locate and clip split ends
Of course there are a million tutorials on YTube but I still haven't mastered these yet.

This challenge is not DEAD!!! At least for me it isn't!

I've been working on my two strand flat twists! Check it out!

010-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

The style is by no means anything fancy, but it is a nice protective style for hair that's not quite long enough to bun yet. I twisted the hair back and made a small pony tail, then wrapped the ponytail with a long satin scarf. I think the twists could have been a little neater, but I was kinda in a rush!

It was good enough to wear to work though! :yep: I'm planning to wear my hair like this for as long as I can! Hopefully it won't start frizzing for at least a week or two! :grin:

This challenge is not DEAD!!! At least for me it isn't!

I've been working on my two strand flat twists! Check it out!

010-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

The style is by no means anything fancy, but it is a nice protective style for hair that's not quite long enough to bun yet. I twisted the hair back and made a small pony tail, then wrapped the ponytail with a long satin scarf. I think the twists could have been a little neater, but I was kinda in a rush!

It was good enough to wear to work though! :yep: I'm planning to wear my hair like this for as long as I can! Hopefully it won't start frizzing for at least a week or two! :grin:
I think they look good! And look how much progress you've made :yep::yep: Keep up the good work

Sigh! Girl sign me up- There are so many things I need to learn. I don't know how to style my hair at all because I've always worn sew-ins and wigs in the past.

I need to learn how to:
Do a rollerset
Flexi rod set
Cornrows
Flat iron my hair (so that it looks decent because it usually doesn't)
Im sure there are other styles I want to learn just cant think of them now

And you twist look good and very neat

This is a great thread. :yep: Thanks, Sianna.

I want to learn to do a relaxer, but like a salon quality relaxer. :yep:

Every day would be Christmas if I could learn how to

1. Search and Destroy
2. Roller Set
3. Do flexi rod sets on wet hair. I can do a great job on dry hair thanks to a member who posted a tutorial on Youtube. Can't recall her name right now.

Back