The In-Between Stage (Natural Hair) Support Thread

faithVA I just saw the pic you recently added to your scalp restoration album. Your progress is amazing!! It filled in nicely. And your rollerset looks delicious in that photo. I think I should start trying them. But someone is going to have to walk me through them. What kind of rollers did you use for that one?

faithVA I just saw the pic you recently added to your scalp restoration album. Your progress is amazing!! It filled in nicely. And your rollerset looks delicious in that photo. I think I should start trying them. But someone is going to have to walk me through them. What kind of rollers did you use for that one?

Thank You KammyGirl. My sets are getting better. And my crown is filling in :yay: It's been a long road. I think I only have 1 more year of pampering left and the thin spot should be gone.

My avi and the pic in the album is a curlformer set. I haven't done a regular rollerset this year. It isn't difficult. It just requires patience and a good movie.

I wouldn't think my hair would get straight enough with magnetics and I've tried. Even when I was relaxed they were only so so. Maybe that means I just needed more practice. I was thinking flexi rods would stretch my hair quite nicely and be a bit smoother.

I've been contemplating trying curlformers for so long. Now that my hair is long enough maybe I should go ahead. Did you use the smaller ones?

[USER=317255 said:
KammyGirl[/USER];19769779]I wouldn't think my hair would get straight enough with magnetics and I've tried. Even when I was relaxed they were only so so. Maybe that means I just needed more practice. I was thinking flexi rods would stretch my hair quite nicely and be a bit smoother.

I've been contemplating trying curlformers for so long. Now that my hair is long enough maybe I should go ahead. Did you use the smaller ones?

I think the trick with magnetics (and I haven't proven this), is to make sure I keep the hair at a 90+ degree angle while rolling it and start applying tensing as soon as I make the first roll. That's what I'm thinking anyway. I won't probably do another rollerset until the end of March though to find out. There are a few other things (comb through, keep hair saturated, use very little product).

I don't have the extra wide. I have the wide and short (a few). Most are the wide and extra long. I say skip the short ones.

I say do whichever you feel you can master first or most easily.

Back