The Hatred For Women Is Real. It Hurts My Soul...

Ganjababy

as some of you know I am of Jamaican descent. I have lived in the US, UK, Canada and Jamaica and the misogyny I have witnessed and felt in Jamaica is unmatched anywhere else I have been, other than what I have read in places I have not been.

Someone I know was burnt this week with a pot of boiling water. This girl is exceptionally beautiful. Luckily the brute missed her face and the water burned her body instead. It is all over her chest, arms and stomach. I googled and it seems to be a common occurrence in Jamaica. That and acid attacks.

Another alarming fact is that there are a lot of women and girls going missing in Jamaica. What the hell is happenning? Maybe I am being dramatic but in addition to that, most of the Jamaican guys I have dated seems to have such disdain for women.

I know it is not everyone. My husband is actually Jamaican and he is the gentlest soul I have ever met. So are some of his closest friends. But most Jamaican men I have come across are brutes.

I am so upset about this girl being burned. I feel so bad for her.

I am not friends with the girl. But she is engaged to my friend. The guy she is engaged to is such a nice guy. Educated- post grad STEM, good job, has money. Under 40, no kids and ready to marry her.

She told him it was her mother’s boyfriend who burned her in an argument. But people are saying it was her man (another guy). Apparently he found out that she had met this guy and was about to leave him and he burned her.

My friend does not know about the rumours. He believes that his gf was burned by the mother’s bf. This girl is really beautiful, has a good job and she also has 2 kids and he is willing to take her and her kids.

He is distraught. I was going to tell him about the rumours because he is flying to Jamaica to be with her (she is in the hospital) and I was worried about his safety. But they arrested the burner so I won’t say anything.

Thoughts?

Look- I been saying this for a long while. A lot of men HATE women. They love how the vagina makes them feel but after that, they genuinely hate women. Then women hate women - for what reason, I don’t know... something innate?

I am going to do a better job trying to show love to my sistren because WE ALL need it. Hardly anyone is protecting us- we have to protect and look out for one another.

Look- I been saying this for a long while. A lot of men HATE women. They love how the vagina makes them feel but after that, they genuinely hate women. Then women hate women - for what reason, I don’t know... something innate?

I am going to do a better job trying to show love to my sistren because WE ALL need it. Hardly anyone is protecting us- we have to protect and look out for one another.

Preach!

as some of you know I am of Jamaican descent. I have lived in the US, UK, Canada and Jamaica and the misogyny I have witnessed and felt in Jamaica is unmatched anywhere else I have been, other than what I have read in places I have not been.

Someone I know was burnt this week with a pot of boiling water. This girl is exceptionally beautiful. Luckily the brute missed her face and the water burned her body instead. It is all over her chest, arms and stomach. I googled and it seems to be a common occurrence in Jamaica. That and acid attacks.

Another alarming fact is that there are a lot of women and girls going missing in Jamaica. What the hell is happenning? Maybe I am being dramatic but in addition to that, most of the Jamaican guys I have dated seems to have such disdain for women.

I know it is not everyone. My husband is actually Jamaican and he is the gentlest soul I have ever met. So are some of his closest friends. But most Jamaican men I have come across are brutes.

This is a thing in DR too. Acid, boiling water or oil, and of course, women being murdered for rejecting men or breaking up with them. You are NOT being dramatic.

Not sure. The girls mother told him it was her ex (the mother’s partner). Someone from the same town is saying that everyone is saying it’s the girls ex and not the mother’s. That she got burnt after her ex found out that she was marrying my friend.

He is going to visit her so he will find out the truth. Still don’t know if it’s her ex or her mother’s ex.

Last edited:

Yes, yes, yes. My family is Jamaican and YES they are misogynistic. If not for the laws protecting us in America and the UK I believe we would be seeing the same thing but that's a different story.

If you think about it, men only have but so many ways to express their masculinity. They can express it through business acumen, wealth, gaining property, and protecting their family. If you come from impoverished country like Jamaica, the chances for higher education are minimal. I'm not sure how it goes exactly, so if someone knows more please correct me. I think you have free education up until grade 8 or whatever the equivalent of Jr HS is. During this time, you have to have money for books, uniform, lunch money, etc. After that I believe you must pay tuition for schooling. Few people have the money for HS, much less Uni. What job are you going to get with no education? What opportunities do you have? How do you define yourself as a man?

All the traditional avenues have been locked away from them so now they have to overcompensate. They have to sleep with multiple women and have children with them. They have to beat their women.

I've dated a few Jamaican and Jamaican-American men. Our time together didn't last very long but LAWDDDD. They are the worst. You barley known them for a few weeks and it's like they want your whole damn life. Very possessive and controlling.

If you think about it, we as women hold the sexual energy. That's a scary thing to a man because he wants to experience it, but he feels as though you can also manipulate him with it. So that's when you get situations like the acid attacks, etc.

I think it is getting worse, the more women try to define their space in this world the more men get defensive. It is exactly what happening with yt men feeling threated by POC. Men are the most insecire sensitive creatures on the planet. They are unable to comprehend the thought of equality or independence, so they feel threatened.

Yes, yes, yes. My family is Jamaican and YES they are misogynistic. If not for the laws protecting us in America and the UK I believe we would be seeing the same thing but that's a different story.

If you think about it, men only have but so many ways to express their masculinity. They can express it through business acumen, wealth, gaining property, and protecting their family. If you come from impoverished country like Jamaica, the chances for higher education are minimal. I'm not sure how it goes exactly, so if someone knows more please correct me. I think you have free education up until grade 8 or whatever the equivalent of Jr HS is. During this time, you have to have money for books, uniform, lunch money, etc. After that I believe you must pay tuition for schooling. Few people have the money for HS, much less Uni. What job are you going to get with no education? What opportunities do you have? How do you define yourself as a man?

All the traditional avenues have been locked away from them so now they have to overcompensate. They have to sleep with multiple women and have children with them. They have to beat their women.

I've dated a few Jamaican and Jamaican-American men. Our time together didn't last very long but LAWDDDD. They are the worst. You barley known them for a few weeks and it's like they want your whole damn life. Very possessive and controlling.

If you think about it, we as women hold the sexual energy. That's a scary thing to a man because he wants to experience it, but he feels as though you can also manipulate him with it. So that's when you get situations like the acid attacks, etc.
I am Jamaican and my father is the reason why I will NEVER date a Jamaican man.
Abusive
Controlling
Addict
Womanizing

I was talking to @PrissiSippi about the things I see amongst BM in general (it’s probably other men too, but I was speaking from my experience which is mostly with AA BM). Anyway, the hate women so much they try to put us in positions where we can’t win.

They pretty much tell us in order to be value we need to be independent, pay 50/50 and do what they can do. Then, when we realize we don’t need them for anything we’re wrong for that too. It’s like they make themselves obsolete & get mad at us when we’re not interested because there’s nothing they can do to improve our lives. It’s a weird phenomenon to see.

The hatred is quite crazy...you have to hate someone to the core to get angry at anything they do. Idk if I’m explaining it right lol

The hatred is quite crazy...you have to hate someone to the core to get angry at anything they do. Idk if I’m explaining it right lol
I think they hate themselves (for all the emasculating reasons stated above) and this is their coping mechanism.

To piggy back on @GraceJones' point, they're experiencing "social death". I learned about it in the context of Classical Greece and Rome (which is where the 'no voting for ex cons' thing originated, btw), but modern scholars have applied the theory to the African diaspora as well.

Patterson first defines slavery as "one of the most extreme forms of the relation of domination, approaching the limits of total power from the viewpoint of the master, and of total powerlessness from the viewpoint of the slave."[8] Social death had both internal and external effects on enslaved people, changing their views of themselves and the way they were regarded by society. Slavery and social death can be linked in all civilizations where slavery existed, including China, Rome, Africa, Byzantium, Greece, Europe, and the Americas...

Power played an essential role in the relationship between a slave and master, and violence was often deemed a necessary component of slavery. A slave was seen to have no worth. They had no name of their own and no honor. Instead, their worth and honor was transferred to the master and gave him an elevated social status among his peers. [HB: :think: like a man who has a beautiful gf] Violence within the relationship was considered essential because of the low motivation of the enslaved people, and it was also a factor in creating social death and exercising power over the slaves. Whipping was not only a method of punishment but also a consciously chosen symbolic device to remind slaves of their status.[16] This physical violence had other psychological effects as well, gradually creating an attitude of self-blame and an acknowledgement of the complete control that a master had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_death

We 'perform' the society we know. If all we know is a "slave society" (Ta Nehisi: The Slave Society Defined), we'll recreate it wherever we stand. It's not a black people problem, it's not a WI problem, it's a people who have lived in a slave society problem. The only reason it continues to be a problem at all is because the infrastructure was never dismantled. Black men (and women) throughout the west are still, essentially, treated as slaves (as defined above in red): totally powerless. And don't tell me JA is a "black country." It's black in the same sense it was during slavery: black people live there and send the money to wp. :rolleyes:

The bolded though. I'm a late bloomer so I'm only now starting to catch up on that and it does not look good at all. So many micro situations to refer to - in and outside my family & friends circle - that just make me cringe.

On my way home from work today, it got me thinking about Jay-Z and Yoncé. My point of view is: he probably cheated on her, just to crash her fairy tale (great career, great child, great family). And the second bolded reminds me of how her own sister tried to throw shade on her parade, even Kelly Rowland tried it :nono:.

Women have been singing about this for ages (Ashanti - Rain on me) but I was too young to understand. It's pitiful really and makes me so sad.

@Maracujá
I’m wondering also

Her sister by instigating a riot in that elevator a few years back. That event was discussed in a profound way in a thread here on LHCF. Kelly Rowland made a song in which she said that she felt some kind of way, about the fact that while she was in an abusive relationship, Beyoncé was at the height of her career and doing well for herself.

Back