The Good, Bad, Ugly: My Phyto I experience.

delp

The Good:
On tuesday, I finally got my fine 4a hair relaxed with phyto. THe relaxer was in my hair roughly 16-18 min. total. There was a slight tingle toward the end but nothing worth mentioning. She washed my hair 4 times, the first wash was with Affirm's neutralizing shampoo. I would say, washing lasted: 8 minutes. She put a light protein on my hair: a mix of phyto and another (do not know). She let me sit with the conditioner on my hair about 8 min.. I did not go under a dryer. I then had a wrap with mousse as the wrapping agent. So far, I am pleased with the softness. My hair looks very straight to me but she says it has slight waves.
(I did use Chi silk infusion as a hair protector)

The bad/Ugly:
My hair looks and feels very dry. There does not seem to be breakage but it looks very dry. What can I do? Is there something my stylist did wrong?

Last edited:
I don't think your stylist did anything wrong. When I tried phyto it dried out my hair like something awful. I did'nt experience breakage but it was so dry. I didnt really find anything that helped with the dryness and transitioned soon after, but I know some other members on the board had dryness issues and they'll chime in with possible solutions.

I'm really sorry that this was your phyto experience. I can't say that my hair is dry after phyto because I do more things after the relaxer including a deep moisturizing conditioner. Right now I am using (no surprise) Phyto Joba Moisturizing Hair Mask and I love it. Since this is a kind of new product I haven't used it with a relaxer yet, but I'm looking forward to it. In the past, I used Phyto sesame with heat.

Perhaps you can do a deep moisturizing treatment and see what happens?

My hair is never dry after Phyto. The only time I experienced slight rough tangly hair was after I used their protein conditioner. I always throw those out and reach for AO GPB.

Could it be the wrap mousse?

maybe u need to do more deep conditioning..with a moisturizing deep cond.

although I never used Phyto ,I would say with any chemical service do more deep cond.

since Phyto is no-lye, for some it can be drying. up the moisturizing DC and keep your scalp moisturized, you should be fine.

I ahd dey hair after phyto too, but i deep con'd, oiled and then did a steam treatment with phillip kingsley elasticiser.
No more dryness at all!!
You could aldo do a leave in conditioner over night.
let us know how it works

uzz

I have been using phyto about 2 years and ive never had any drying :scratchch

Just a question: Why did you use Affirm neutralizer?

The reconstructor that is packaged w/ phyto can be tangling at times but isnt (or shouldnt be drying). I wonder if your dryness could be due to whatever "other" protein was mixed in and the lack of a follow up moisturizing conditioner.

I think Honi is onto something, Mousse in itself can be very drying as well.

Aubrey Organics conditioner bring moisture back in a snap :)

Last edited:
Back