The "Get Back on Track" 60 day challenge!

Prettyeyes

There are many posts about how "lazy" people have been with their hair care, returning to "bad" hair practices, people admitting to retaining none of their growth
smiley3.gif
and people doing things to their hair they know are "damaging".

I am making this challenge as way to say DON'T GIVE UP & DON'T HAVE A SETBACK!

Simple rules...

1. Start Today, do something good for your hair TODAY.(starting pics welcome but not required)

2. Return to your good hair practices/regimen.

3. Post here weekly.

4. Updates will be on 09/02/10 (day 30) and 10/02/10 (day 60) (Pics Please but not required)

5.No challenger list will be compiled and you can join anytime. Just post!

HAPPY HAIR GROWING!!!!

I'm in too! Not that I've really gotten lazy, in fact if anything, I've been messing with my hair too much! I think that's my problem.

Lately, I've been getting quite a few SSK's and I've even been seeing bits of broken hair when I comb or brush. NOT GOOD! So, last night I put my hair in finger coils and today I re-wet my hair and just let it be.

I'd been wearing it in my beloved fluffed out afro puff for the better part of the last two months and I think its finally catching up to me. I gotta start doing some low manipulation and protective styles! :perplexed

I'll post a pic or two soon...

I like challenges..So I'm in....My routine is easy peasy...cowash once or twice weekly..rinse on the other days..add product only on cowash days...and wash and dc weekly..I think my hair habits are pretty good..i haven't put direct heat on my hair since prob march or april..so I'm joining to maintain my habits so I wont get lazy...

Edited to add***I'm in PS mode this week..8 braids..spritzing with olive oil, condish and water spray twice a day..and wearing a wig...I may rebraid @ the end of the week and repeat for another week..

Last edited:
I'm up for this one.

I have let my hair get from dry to bone dry and up until yesterday just kept applying products on it to cure the problem.

Ladies here gave me advice and i have put them into action.

I now have throughly clean, soft, moisturised hair and i plan to keep it that way.

I needed to see this - not just for my hair, but my skin care and exercise regimen, too! Last night I moisturized in sections and put my hair in 4 buns which had been my nighttime reggie to make sure ALL my ends were moisturized and protected. AND I slept in a bonnet which I haven't done faithfully in over a month. I travel a lot and fall off the wagon during trips and have a hard time getting back on track once I get home. My back edges have started breaking from wearing my daytime bun a little too high, but I'm on it! Thanks for the thread/challenge OP!

I just said LHCF always gets me back on track! Count me in for 60 days! Today I will prepoo, wash, deep condition and twist until next week!

I'm in too. I just started getting back on my vitamin regimen. I fell off and due to my slow growth I really can't afford to be slacking.

I'm also in a protective style right now-box braids no added hair. I have hand in hair syndrome so this is really good for me. I've had them in for 2 weeks so far and I would like to go for 1 or 2 more.

This is a good one! I'm gonna try to get back to my cowashing again while I'm in this install :yep:

I'm in. Ive been falling of lately too. Not wearing a satin scarf to bed, not mositurising on time etc etc. Started the juice a few days ago and I know if i really commit i will see good results.

I like the idea of this challenge, my hair needs some special attention. Gosh, I hope I can make it. I don't do challenges for that very reason- I forget. Will definitely cheer you ladies on!

I am in. Although I am just starting, I want to commit to finding the time to section my hair and condish/wash... and de-tangle every day.

YEP! We can do this my main focus is nightly scalp massages. I used to do this all the time and slacked...

Back