the feather flat iron

Napp

Ms. Nobody
although i dont want to straighten my hair any time soon. i thought that this flat iron was nifty. it supposedly replaces a hot comb. it is also the thinness flat iron ever made. the models hair was wavy though. would there be similar results with 4a/b hair without burning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKFevWbBWhc

That looks like a super flat marcel iron, to me. As much as I don't mess with heat, I really wouldn't mess with one of those 'stand heated' appliances - that takes talent to avoid burning your hair with no thermostat controlling the heat of the flat iron.

And is the models hair smoking, or am I seeing things? :look:

Last edited:
Yeah - I will take a big fat zero on the "heat on a stove" marcel type flat iron.

Her hair does look nice though.

That video does make the feather flat iron look so tempting. On every hair board I've been on people are not willing to buy it or just havent ever tried it. I want it though. Maybe further down the road when I upgrade to getting a stove. It hard for me to part from the ease of my electric pressing comb.

By the way what is so wrong with marcel hair tools? I know you have to do some weird handle rolling but beyond that what is so wrong? Is it on the same level as a pressing comb or is it different? Sorry to hijack you thread

Marcel irons can easily damage the hair such as being too hot because you can't control the temp. Just like JustKiya said, it takes some real talent to know how to work marcel irons without damaging someone's hair.

Marcel irons can easily damage the hair such as being too hot because you can't control the temp. Just like JustKiya said, it takes some real talent to know how to work marcel irons without damaging someone's hair.

And, there's no certainty that the heat is consistent across the iron - and with something that thin, I would think that it loses heat rather rapidly, which means it has to be heated even HOTTER in order to keep it's temp and just - no. :lol:

I saw that video before too, it looks very tempting, I would never use it on myself though looks like you need to know what your doing before picking that one up..

It does look tempting but I remember how hot a marcel comb got!! They aslo boast that it will eventually alter the texture to resemble relaxed hair....that doesn't sound good at all. They say it will last 2-3 weeks!! My hair can't be away from water that dang long!
Oh yes,the models hair is already silky, so, the results will look smooth and silky naturally. Show me 4ab hair. I asked to be shown but they wouldn't answer. I vote a resounding NO.

Last edited:
Back