The ever elusive "shine" and "swing"

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
How do you ladies get that wonderful shine and swing in your hair? I can't remember the last time I had either =\

Products you use? Techniques you employ? Patron Saints you pray to?? What's the deal? How do you get them?!?!

For me, using Biosythesis 3 step product line. Blow drying (using the Phinish Leave for protection, high-gloss, and smoothness) using Denman brush and concentrator nozzle. Follow up with ceramic flat iron and use a little serum to finish off, wrap and tie hair up to set.

Dominican blow outs is another method that worked for me.

For me all it takes is a roller set (lacio leave in) and once dry, I use my Chi iron and flat iron it out. Wrap it and wallah!!!!

I normally have swing and a little shine after my relaxer touch-up's. I am currently using Vitale Mo' Body and my hair is so swingy and soft, I love it.
Sorry to say that after about 2 weeks when my ng starts coming in, the swing is gone and its just thick and poofy, oh well.

I have a mo body vitale perm. But to really answer ur ? I think little to no products is key.

I wash and condition my hair. Wrap it and let it either air dry or hood dry and the body and shine is already there every now and then when my wrap is drying I smear a bit of oil on my hair while it is still in the circle.

I agree with gn1g that little to no product is the key to having hair with that "swing." As for shine, I always use rinse of a hair polisher type product! ;)

What works for me is roller setting with a little leave-in conditioner (like Salerm 21) on soaking wet hair. After my hair is completely dry, I add a little serum (NTM) and wrap my hair. This gives me lots of shine and swing.

I usually always have shine, but swing is elusive. Honestly think that swing is over rated. I like my hair to have some control.

I got shine and swing without trying using Salerm Wheat Germ and Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Serum.
I also get great shine and swing using my Maxiglide Flat Iron after blowdrying with BBD Stretch Creme followed by BBD Flatiron Silkening Lotion and finish touch with BBD Keala oil.
The BBD products not only give great shine but your hair smells yummy too.

Back