The Dating Type

Do you enjoy courtship?

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

barbiesocialite

I don't think I'm the dating type. I hate the whole process. Its just so time consuming, inconvenient and a nuisance.

Im a piss or get off the pot kinda gal. All or nothing. No one ever grows on me. Either i liked or loved you at first sight or i never will . Ive never had a relationship, friendship or person "grow" on me. Never. Not once. If I/ We aint all in after a week or two of meeting, its a wrap. It will never work. I'll never be more invested than I was when I met you.

So if I need time to get to know you, be afraid. Be VERY afraid. 9 times out of 10 it means I don't like you or don't give a ish. Dating is a just a journey to nowhere and nothing for me. I'd rather not be bothered. Im like Countess Luanne Delesepps-- met one day, get married 2 weeks later and live happily for the next 16 years :yep:

I enjoy the process, from first date, to meeting the family, to planning our first trip together to planning our lives together. I like having memories to look back on.

The whether or not I like him and vice versa is established way before all of that, I'm just saying that the process before walking down the aisle is fun for me.

Last edited:
I am the same as you. If there isn't a strong, immediate attraction, that is a sign that it probably won't go somewhere. I also really can't stand guys who take a long time to decide what they want. It doesn't take me that long especially if you spend a lot of time together in the beginning. I'll be generous and give a guy a month. If at the end of the month, you're not 100% certain you want to commit to me, than you can ...... off. Man, I really can't stand dudes who hold their feet. Makes my skin itch.

I have had friends grow on me. The friends I connect with the most deeply are people that I instantly liked though.

I identify with you. I have developed into a "straight, no chasers" kinda girl. I want the money, the benefits, the love, the dack up front. Based on past relationships/marriage where I was strung along to their convenience, whether it's sex, security or other talents I have. Courtship, in this stage in my life, is a waste of time. My granny says courtship is like a ballroom dance, but I power through it with the spirit of a samba. Sure, I will play along, but only to gather information. It a clear role reversal. Some are with it, some cannot handle it. In my thirties, I am developing a strong sense of self and my tolerance list.

Thanks ladies for the responses nice to see it's not just me.:yep:

Although I have a SO and can't really complain much about my past relationships.....truth is, I didn't/don't like any of them.:look:

My emotional checkout and shutdown time is quick. I mean like a 5 days to a week quick. Because of my personality, the average person seems not to be able to read this. At the same time, my life track record is clear. Im every area if my life though. don't work for ish, don't grow with ish, dont learn to like ish, don't dwell on ish. I never change my mind--and never regret it.

I think I may appear to be indecisive but I'm really not. im just selective. I'm a sure thing. I'm definite. I think maybe its just that I know what I want and don't want.

I'm bored.

I value social skills so I date, have fun, engage in little relationship something's, etc. Truth is, I'd rather not. These people are annoying, boring, irritating and time consuming. Most of my relationships I'm usually thinking "only if you knew how much I dont like or GAF about you. Can't wait til this is over'." :look: This probably why I'm not very romantic or nostalgic.

Oh well.:ohwell:

Back