The correct way to grow out color.........

Shana'

So here's the deal, I have been dyeing my hair since I was 15 yrs and recently decided to embrace my natural color. I had been dyeing my hair for so long I forgot what it looked like:ohwell::perplexed. Anyhoo what is the best way to grow the color out with minimal or no damage????? I will trim to slowly get rid of the colored ends but what else can or should do??????

Well i'm currently growing out highlights. I think deep conditioning and keeping my hair moisturized has played a significant part in the (no breakage) health of my hair.

It has faded but the problem is my natural color is chestnut brown but the dye is black, so there is a visible difference.

That's the problem with permanent color their is no easy way to grow it out. The important thing is to make sure you care for your hair. However, the only way to make your hair even would be to color the ends lighter but due to the fact that it's jet black that's not really an option. But as someone mentioned permanent hair color does fade over time so that may help somewhat.

You could also use a color rinse until it has grown out. If you use a brown or dark brown rinse which would help to blend the two colors. If you use a black rinse it would cover the two but it wouldn't be permanent. It's going to take time and this is an addition to what everyone has said about keeping your hair conditioned.

Thanks for the replies ladies!!!!!! All of the suggestions were/are very helpful. I will look into the color rinse and up my moisturizing for now to see how that'll work. Thanks again:spinning::yep:

I grew out black permanent color by using black rinses. It would hide the lighter natural color while growing out. You may get tired of having to rinse your hair every few weeks tho. I did. But that's really the only option without having two-toned hair.

Back