The "cheap" co-wash conditioners dont work!

leigh.hill

Unfortunately the cheap stuff like VO5, Aussie, Herbal Essence, TJs conditioners - do nothing for my hair! For those of u whose hair also rejects the cheap stuff, what suggestions do u have for co-washing?

What do those products have in common besides price? Have you clarified lately? Are you sensitive to protein or cones? Most cheapies have protein and cones. I cowash with Hello Hydration or Aussie Moist. I also love the Yes line. Yes to cucumbers and carrots work really well

Since the cheap ones leave my hair hard, I’ve used the following conditioners for cowashing:

SSI Avocado – moisture and softness along with a ridiculous amount of slip (can double as a DC & leave-in)
HV Acai Berry Conditioner – moisture with a protein kick; provides minimal slip
Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner – moisture and a little protein with a bit of slip
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner – huge amount of slip, but no moisture
Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner – moisture and softness with some slip

I can't use those either. I can get away with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle and Organix's hair masks, but I must shampoo thoroughly during my next wash. I also can't use them often. I like Giovanni ' Smooth As Silk, Tea Tree Triple Treat and 2 Chic (The green tube)

Try Trader joes nourish and shine its 3 bucks at most and work great

Maybe its cowashing thats the problem if you are using heavy products with cones and other stuff that might build up in your hair a co wash will simply not be enough

What do those products have in common besides price? Have you clarified lately? Are you sensitive to protein or cones? Most cheapies have protein and cones. I cowash with Hello Hydration or Aussie Moist. I also love the Yes line. Yes to cucumbers and carrots work really well

Yes I clarified last week. Hmmm I've seen the Yes line.

Try Trader joes nourish and shine its 3 bucks at most and work great Maybe its cowashing thats the problem if you are using heavy products with cones and other stuff that might build up in your hair a co wash will simply not be enough

I'll double check but I'm almost 100% sure that I don't use products with cones or cones at the too of the ingredient list.

My hair used to LOVE TJ conditioners. It's just barely okay now :-(

Hairveda's Conditioners make the absolute 'bestest' Summer Cowash Conditioners

Also (in no particular order):
Oyin Honey Hemp
SheScentIt Avocado
SheScentIt Pomegrante
Curls Coconut Sublime
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Jessicurl TooShea! & Jessicurl Aloeba
Claudie's Tropical Mango Rinse

leigh.hill

Oyin Honey Hemp
SheScentIt Avocado
SheScentIt Pomegrante

Curls Coconut Sublime

@leigh.hill

I have been stalking the SheScentit website for a few weeks now. I am trying to change my pj-ing ways and order only samples of products. Key word - trying! Still waiting for their sample kit to be restocked :ohwell:.

Oyin Honey Hemp
SheScentIt Avocado
SheScentIt Pomegrante
Curls Coconut Sublime

@leigh.hill

Oh and I was a raving fan of Hairveda products (though I never tried the conditioners on natural hair yet) but shipping takes FOR-EV-ER!!!!! That said I still might order samples of the conditioner :yep:.

When I first used cheap conditioners (V05)it did nothing at all for my hair but left it feeling dry and straw like. At this time I knew nothing about moisture protein balance and m/s. I was clarifying but not balancing. Took me some months to figure this thang out.
When I finally learned to balance I revisit V05. And WOW! What a huge difference. When I cowash now my hair feels smooth and looks moisturized. My hair openly accept these products now. So please don't give up on cheap conditions just yet

It could b that ur hair is rejecting co washing.. Have u tried to more expensive conditioners to co wash..my hair luvs herbal essences and Pantene to cowash..although I have to wash with shampoo weekly..so cowashing is an in between refresh but can't b used as a complete cleansing..

AO Gpb, its the one and only. Creamy, thick and rich. My hair instantly rejects cheap & cheaply made products.

My hair loves biolage....one big bottle lasted me a year, stuff goes a long way, but of course that wasn't with daily cowashing.

I like to cowash with Giovanni's Triple Treat Tea Tree conditioner. It's the only one that gets my scalp clean and makes my hair super soft.

Thanks for all of the replies. I love all the suggestions from this thread and I am making my list of co-wash conditioners!!!!!

FYI - I happen to be a TJ Maxx and I swear I was going there to buy clothes and then I found myself in the haircare aisle. I "accidentally" bought Chi Intense Nourish Conditioner and (100% Argan Oil for $9.99 :-)))))))) I am officially on the argan oil bandwagon.

Back