The best vitamins for my hair!!!

mahogani

Hi everyone , if anyone can send me a list of the best vitamins to take for your hair i would appreciate it i've been taking cranberry pills and biotin but i don't think that's enough help!!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mahogani, I've been seeing some increased strength with protein supplements. I also take a hair vitamin from vitamin shoppe and megabiotin supplements at 7.5 mg per caplet. I'm still "tweaking" my regime but I like the strength I'm getting from this combination.

at least 5-10mg biotin (its water soluble so dont worry about overdosing.

MSM at least 2000mg but work your way up the doses and take it with meals to reduce any side effects

Evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil at 1000mg a day (clears up your skin too!)

a good once a day multivitamin (eg. centrum), pref. with iron and zinc (both elements are very critical for hair growth).

finally, its no point taking all the vitamins in the world if the blood circulation in the scalp area is poor or restricted!! therefore, exercise regularly and/or treat your scalp to massages, or easier still invest in putting a lil peppermint oil or menthol in with your deep conditioners or pre-shampoo hot oil treatments. cathy howse also makes a good-no excellent stimulating deep conditioner (www.ubhpublications.com)
by stimulating the scalp the nutrients can reach you hair cells and feed them, encouraging the best environment for hair growth.

all the best!

I like GNC Ultra Nourishhair. I've heard good things about Country Life Maxi-Hair, too. Most of the ladies on this site create their own personalized regimens based on "Bargello's Regime". Just do a search for Bargello. Someone posted the whole thing last week.

Back