The BEST part about being WL and beyond is...?

Prettyeyes

Please complete the sentence and let us know!!:grin:

The BEST part about being WL is...?

For clarity this was aimed at WL ladies and ladies beyond WL.

Last edited:
For me, having long hair is one of the most feminine physical attributes a woman can have. I have grown up hearing it from my preacher, my grandparents and my first boyfriend. Scores of black women are told that we cannot have that. They are wrong and so many of us need to hear that.

It makes me feel beautiful, sexy, and powerful! :look: Especially when I notice heads turning everywhere when I am walking or come into a room!:grin:

I have to tell you a story... last year I had my hair down in its blow dried natural state... it was WL at that time. When I got to work I had started to sweat because it was a hot day so I decided to put my hair up in a pony tail. I took out my hair band and at the time there was no one in the office. So I bent over and started finger combing my hair up for the ponytail. When I was finished, I stood up and threw my hair back and to my surprise there where men standing there watching me in total AWE!:grin: The look they had made me feel in complete control! Talk about feeling Powerful and Sexy..... I played it off and went to the coffee machine to pour a cup... I didn't know what to do!!:grin:

Last edited:
It makes me feel beautiful, sexy, and powerful! :look: Especially when I notice heads turning everywhere when I am walking or come into a room!:grin:

I have to tell you a story... last year I had my hair down in its blow dried natural state... it was WL at that time. When I got to work I had started to sweat because it was a hot day so I decided to put my hair up in a pony tail. I took out my hair band and at the time there was no one in the office. So I bent over and started finger combing my hair up for the ponytail. When I was finished, I stood up and threw my hair back and to my surprise there where men standing there watching me in total AWE!:grin: The look they had made me feel in complete control! Talk about feeling Powerful and Sexy..... I played it off and went to the coffee machine to pour a cup... I didn't know what to do!!:grin:
I love this story!! More stories! More stories!!

It's fun. It's fun being able to throw your hair over your shoulders, taking all of your hair and twirling it into a large bun and inserting pins, clips, etc. to hold it. Wearing it straight is ultra fun. Having hair that falls into your lap or touches your behind and feels heavy like a rope and swinging it around is fun. Having hair that is half your height that you can wear like a shawl around your shoulders (see my avatar/profile pic) and blows in the wind is fun. Swinging it out of my face when it falls into my face is fun. Holding it up before I sit down so that I won't sit back on it can be fun too. My straight hair really blows around. My natural hair does too but to a lesser extent but I really enjoy all of my big, wild hair because it's fun. I can go on and on.

So I like it because it's fun. I like using all of the hair toys for long hair. Plus, if I'm having a bad hair day I can easily twirl it all away into a bun, lol. I suffer from hair anorexia badly. Knee length hair is rare but it'd love for it to grow to my knees. Having a lot of hair is fun.

I will respond in about 2 years when I know the answer....I really like Candy828 and Mz.MoMo5235's answers though!!!!

It's fun. It's fun being able to throw your hair over your shoulders, taking all of your hair and twirling it into a large bun and inserting pins, clips, etc. to hold it. Wearing it straight is ultra fun. Having hair that falls into your lap or touches your behind and feels heavy like a rope and swinging it around is fun. Having hair that is half your height that you can wear like a shawl around your shoulders (see my avatar/profile pic) and blows in the wind is fun. Swinging it out of my face when it falls into my face is fun. Holding it up before I sit down so that I won't sit back on it can be fun too. My straight hair really blows around. My natural hair does too but to a lesser extent but I really enjoy all of my big, wild hair because it's fun. I can go on and on.

So I like it because it's fun. I like using all of the hair toys for long hair. Plus, if I'm having a bad hair day I can easily twirl it all away into a bun, lol. I suffer from hair anorexia badly. Knee length hair is rare but it'd love for it to grow to my knees. Having a lot of hair is fun.

I NOTICE QUITE A FEW OF YOU BELOW WAIST LENGTHERS CLAIM "NO SHAMPOO" ....
DO YOU JUST COWASH WEEKLY?? or do you use WEN? acv?

the best part about being wl and beyond is knowing that what you're doing is working and paying off!

As far as stories go... Mz.MoMo has one.... she hypnotized her boss with her hair and didn't get in trouble..... Share..Share..Share.. The Power of Long Hair..:grin:

I'm only just at WL but I'd like to contribute!

The best parts of being WL is:

- showing other women that it can be done, inspiring and educating others
- feeling femininely beautiful
- versatility in styling
- being able to be "looser" in styling. Hot messes look a lot less hot mess-ish on longer hair, wheras shorter hair is more unforgiving.
- being proud that I reached a goal I set for myself.

Aiming at HL now, I'll report back here when I get there.

I NOTICE QUITE A FEW OF YOU BELOW WAIST LENGTHERS CLAIM "NO SHAMPOO" ....
DO YOU JUST COWASH WEEKLY?? or do you use WEN? acv?

I co wash or just rinse with water about once or twice I week. I use Giovanni 50:50 Balanced conditioner or Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper moisture conditioner as a leave in and to cowash. Both of these conditioners are cone free. The only other product I use is just a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) during the winter months. I shampoo a few times a year though, but I only scrub my scalp with the shampoo and never put it on my hair.

Since I don't use cones and don't use many products, not using shampoo works well for me. If you use products with a lot of cones in them or lots of gels, heavy/many products, etc then not/rarely using shampoo may not work.

CelinaStarr your avatar pic is awesome! And I've been no-pooing for the past year and a half! Recently, I started wetting my hair every night and it's really helping! I'm only MBl though and transitioning so I can't swing my hair about yet! Can't wait till I can come back to this thread!:lol: :lol: :lachen:

Please complete the sentence and let us know!!:grin:

The BEST part about being WL is...?

For clarity this was aimed at WL ladies and laides beyond WL.

ALL WL ladies please know this thread is for you too!!!

Any one whose known me on here or @fotki over the past 3-4 years knows I'm not a high and mighty, bragging, in-your-face type of person. Guess wha? It's the same for me IRL too so I have to admit to a certain amount of :grin: when people get used to seeing my hair in natural styles and think that's all there is to it :lachen:

When you're natural, length is always a deceiving thing. Don't have to tell any one on this board that fact. And that length doesn't usually show too well if you're wearing twists, braids, puffs, braid/twist outs, sorry - it just doesn't. Not even blow drying it straight can show what these kinks have been up to throughout the years.

But when I straighten it and the secret's out - completely different ball game! :lachen:

A shocked look every now and then keeps me pleasantly (and secretly) amused.

I'm only just at WL but I'd like to contribute!

The best parts of being WL is:

- showing other women that it can be done, inspiring and educating others
- feeling femininely beautiful
- versatility in styling
- being able to be "looser" in styling. Hot messes look a lot less hot mess-ish on longer hair, wheras shorter hair is more unforgiving.
- being proud that I reached a goal I set for myself.

Aiming at HL now, I'll report back here when I get there.

Girl you ain't neva lied lol.

Back