The best Moisturizer! OMG

berry87

My mango butter was finished and i always wanted to try something new. I went to CVS and picked up ORS Carrot oil / creme to give it a try. OMG this is ish lol. It ,made my hair soooo soft and hydrated.: When i combed only 2 strands was in the comb . Now Y didnt i try this before. Plus not mineral oil and no petroleum thats what i'm talin bout:grin:

D Ladies what your fav moisturizer
and why?

Last edited:
Nu uh - I will not take this bait!! :lol: :lol: I just discovered NTM silk touch leave in and I love it like I gave birth to it!! I am sticking with that. I will not change, I will not change, I will not change... :lachen:

peacelove said:
Nu uh - I will not take this bait!! :lol: :lol: I just discovered NTM silk touch leave in and I love it like I gave birth to it!! I am sticking with that. I will not change, I will not change, I will not change... :lachen:

lol ! :grin: I was just soo suprised i didnt expect my hair soo be sooo foft and hyrdratres. i did hear whispers about the Ntm Leave In hmmm:lol:

berry87 said:
lol ! :grin: I was just soo suprised i didnt expect my hair soo be sooo foft and hyrdratres. i did hear whispers about the Ntm Leave In hmmm:lol:

It is wonderful! But I am not trying to tempt you. :grin:

I have a carrot oil - hollywood beauty. I love that! Glad you found something you love.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. If they improved it, It'd be a hit in my opinion.

I've heard about this a lot.

Does it have mineral oil in it? I accidently picked up the wrong carrot oil and the one that I have, the first ingrident is mineral oil. It weighs my hair down--a lot. :mad:

berry87 said:
My mango butter was finished and i always wanted to try something new. I went to CVS and picked up ORS Carrot oil / creme to give it a try. OMG this is ish lol. It ,made my hair soooo soft and hydrated.: When i combed only 2 strands was in the comb . Now Y didnt i try this before. Plus not mineral oil and no petroleum thats what i'm talin bout:grin:

D Ladies what your fav moisturizer
and why?
I second that! ORS Carrot Oil is the bomb. :up:
I mix it with a bit of ylang ylang essential oil to improve the smell.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

That Silk Touch is fabulous, isn't it?

peacelove said:

Miss*Tress said:
I second that! ORS Carrot Oil is the bomb. :up:
I mix it with a bit of ylang ylang essential oil to improve the smell.

I totally agree, I love my carrot oil, I just started putting a half of a bottle of the essential oil grapefruit in my jar and I don't have a problem with the smell.

Scasey said:
I totally agree, I love my carrot oil, I just started putting a half of a bottle of the essential oil grapefruit in my jar and I don't have a problem with the smell.

Thats not a bad idea. I should get some essntial oils to mix it with:)

BTW Miss Tresses how does the Yang Ylang smell?;)

I've been eyeing this one for a minute too, does it controles the nappy edges like Mango butter? If so I will be trying it, it's kinda expensive but if it works, I'll try it.

I have both of the carrot oils, the ors and the hollywood beauty. I use the hollywood beauty one more than ors. The hollywood beauty one seems to work better on my ends and I apply it at night to get that smooth look. I use the ors carrot oil when I have breakage or too much shedding. I think they are both great products. Plus the smell of the ORS doesn't bother me, my mother hates it and wont let me come near her when I hve it in my hair tho:lol:. I will try the ORS for just a moisturizer...never tried it. I think I may like the hollywood beauty one more tho. The consistency of the ORS is too watery for me.

Alli77 said:
I've been eyeing this one for a minute too, does it controles the nappy edges like Mango butter? If so I will be trying it, it's kinda expensive but if it works, I'll try it.

I use the carrot oil. I use it to tame my NG and it does just as good as the Mango Butter. The mango butter just smells better and leaves hair a bit softer then the Carrot Oil Creme IMO. Don't get me wrong, the Carrot Oil doesn't stink.....but it doesnt smell yummy like a lot of the other products I use. I *think* the Carrot Oil has protien in it also......

JazzyDez said:
I use the carrot oil. I use it to tame my NG and it does just as good as the Mango Butter. The mango butter just smells better and leaves hair a bit softer then the Carrot Oil Creme IMO. Don't get me wrong, the Carrot Oil doesn't stink.....but it doesnt smell yummy like a lot of the other products I use. I *think* the Carrot Oil has protien in it

also......

Thanks. I will be trying this soon, I'll just add some essential oils like suggested to dilute the smell. Hmm...I'm thinking about mixing it with Mango butter as well, maybe that would cut down on the protein. Protein moisturizers make my hair hard.:scratchch

danimani said:
I've heard about this a lot.

Does it have mineral oil in it? I accidently picked up the wrong carrot oil and the one that I have, the first ingrident is mineral oil. It weighs my hair down--a lot. :mad:

ORS Carrot Oil doesnt have petroleum or mineral oil. I use it on my ends.

Okay y'all...what took me so long to try this product??? I LOOOOOOOVE it! THis is the best carrot oil I've EVER used, I've tried the one by Lekair (made my hair hard), tried Hollywood Beauty (caked up on my hair left white streaks) from my past experiences I was very skeptical. I texturized my hair and used this as a moisturizer/strengthener and I was so impressed! My hair is so shiny and lite feeling. Love it! It's not as moisturizing as Mango butter but it really does a spectacular job! I will mix it with my Qhemet Heavy Creme for added moisture. This will be apart of my regular rotation, I'm getting hooked on ORS products more and more.

JazzyDez said:
I use the carrot oil. I use it to tame my NG and it does just as good as the Mango Butter. The mango butter just smells better and leaves hair a bit softer then the Carrot Oil Creme IMO. Don't get me wrong, the Carrot Oil doesn't stink.....but it doesnt smell yummy like a lot of the other products I use. I *think* the Carrot Oil has protien in it also......

ITA. I think I will add some EO's to my Carrot Oil to help out with the smell too.

I worship at the altar of ORS Carrot Oil Creme. This stuff is fantastic and has no mineral oil. I mix a little WGO into it for extra moisturizing.

ORS Olive Oil Creme is great, too, though it does contain some mineral oil. I can deal with the mineral oil in the Olive Oil because it's minimal and effective moisturizes my hair, unlike all the ineffective, detrimental mineral oil-based products I used before I found this forum. ;)

I tried the olive oil and carrot oil creme samples, which my stylist gave me, but I didn't purchase the items, because I have too much stuff to use up first.

My absolutely fav of all time fav leave in moisturizer is Phyto7. It leaves my hair moisturized and soft; it's a great detangler, and it does not weigh hair down. For me, it's all about the Phyto7:)

i really like the ORS olive oil. The carrot oil, i'm really not a fan of i think it does nothing for my hair. I started my hair journey 9/06 and still have some in the jar, i wil not be repurchasing.

Back