Thanks Peachtree(twist out)...

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one having major issues rolling up just the ends. Hehe.

By the way...maybe you mentioned it before, but I didn't see it. About how long does it take to dry? All I saw is that you said "a long time."
One more question....
grin.gif
....if I decided to sit under the dryer instead of air drying, how long do you think I should wait before lowering the rollers? Do you all of them at one shot to the ends or do you lower them gradually throughout the day since you let them air dry? Woops. That was 2 questions
grin.gif
(that i hope made since)

Hey Sweetcocoa,
laugh.gif
, I didn't realize how important the "roll to scalp, then lower to ends" tip was until I posted it. I guess I just sorta' take it for granted...(oops!) Now that I think about it, it serves a few purposes...1) If you're beyond shoulder length, it keeps the length hair "under control"; 2) It keeps the "twists" from unravelling or becoming loose; 3) It keeps the rollers from slipping off of the ends
wink.gif
laugh.gif
! Glad that tip was helpful.
smile.gif

Ok, Soslychic, let me answer your 15 questions
laugh.gif

Drying time?
(I believe I noted the drying times in the notes section of my pics). Lately anywhere from 15-22 hrs. I'm still learning about my hair's drying patterns. Let me explain...during my last wash, I used a clarifying poo & it was dry in like 15 hrs. But when I use other poos, it seems to take forever. My theory is the clarifying poo made my hair "more light", thus requiring less time to dry???
confused.gif
. Another thing, time depends on how many braids / twists I use. The fewer the braids (thicker sections), the longer it's taking to dry...& vice versa.

Drying w/dryer
Thus far, I haven't used my hooded dryer to speed up my drying time. (Deliberately avoiding the dryer for the summer
smile.gif
). So I'm not sure of the best method here.... However, as a "professional braid / twist out (er)"
laugh.gif
, I would recommend that u lower the roller to the ends upon sitting under the dryer. Reason? You'll have the benefit of the majority of your hair drying evenly, except for the rolled ends.
smile.gif

Lower gradually or all at once?
I try to lower all at once. I would hate to have part of my "hanging hair" lower with loose waves & the other part shorter with more curls, all because I left the rollers in at different lengths while the hair was drying (setting).

OK, THIS REMINDS ME... HERE'S ANOTHER TIP (Sweetcocoa's gonna
spank.gif
me cuz I keep throwing these tips in after the fact
laugh.gif
)!!!

This goes along with lowering the roller to the ends. I forgot to mention, although I've lowered the rollers, it's still kinda' easy to have the roller slip off because the ends are still wet & oily. U can do 1 of two things here... 1) leave enough hair on the roller so that the roller does not slip off. I leave about 2 full rotations of hair on the roller. OR 2) Leave only the ends on the roller, but "pin" the rolled hair down with a hair pin, attached to your cornroll or flat twist. This will keep the roller from slipping off when u move your head around.
smile.gif

If I think of more tips, I'll post 'em. As u wear this style, u'll begin to develop some lil tips yourself...u'll see what I mean
smile.gif

God Bless...

Back