Thanks LHCF

leona2025

Before I became a member here I hadn't learn to accept my hair texture. I thought I had "bad" hair. Every time there was any bit of curl or wave in my hair I was quick to slap on a relaxer and relax from root to tip, but thank god I had some resilient hair because despite the abuse my hair still grew long and was thick.

I just want to thank LHCF because I can now appreciate and love all textures of hair. I love my new growth and I've actually not relaxed my hair in about 3 months. I can appreciate my texture and I'm actually thinking of transitioning.

Thanks LHCF for helping me see that all hair is beautiful.

Awww! We've all been through our hair struggles and we're glad you can appreciate your hair! :bighug:

I've learned so much and so many of my views have changed. I was always skeptical that I could grow my hair out to my goal of WL, but the ladies here have helped me reach all my goals.

Thats great! I'm so glad you have reached your goal. My sisters and I (5 girls) have so many different textures 3b-4b between our heads. I was conditioned that I had good hair (even thought it still got relaxed) and they had nappy hair. Since joining this forum my views have changed. I was always curious about the natural hair I would see out and about I never knew anybody personally who was natural (besides my dad! lol) and why I was constantly relaxing even though I had no problem managing my new growth (I only relaxed every 3-4 months didnt know I was "stretching"), I was conditioned natural curly/kinky hair was bad even the "good hair" in a way was bad because it was not straight. I am so glad I found LHCF and I love my hair and I know I would have loved it if it were a different texture from 1-4 and a-c! My sisters have not went natural although I wish they would so much! My neice(4) is the only natural head in the family besides me and my son (2) and she has kinky 4a hair but it is gorgeous ( I love it! I wish she lived here so I can style it) but my sister does a awesome job of taking care of it, styling it. She doesnt plan on going natural anytime soon she has the same hair type but she embraces her daughters hair and I told her if she ever relaxes it imma whoop her tail! I some people who are not even members of LHCF are becoming more educated about hair especially ones who are lucky to have a Nikkos cousin in their family.

Back