THANKS LHCF!!! It's official, I LOVE my hair!

MrsHdrLe

UPDATE ON PAGE 3! Caruso steam curlers are DA BOMB! (MORE PICS!!!)

I never thought it would be posssible, but I love my hair! I used to be a staunch braid wearer. I would do such horrible thnigs to my hair because I really beleived that I would never wear my own hair out. I would perm IN braids, cut, flat iron daily, never conditioned for more than five minutes, sleep on cotton pillow cases, just genuinely abuse my hair. I never thought I'd have long healthy hair because I never imagined that 4b hair would act right.
Well after almost a year on LHCF, I have turned over a new leaf. It started with accepting my natural hair. I realized that beautiful hair doesn't have to be bone straight and it doesn't have to be all down my back either (though that is my ultimate goal). I've come up with a simple, yet basic reggie: I clarify once every two weeks, air or roller set to dry, use low heat (3-4) using my Maxiglide with steam and NOW, say hello to my Caruso. My hair is now strong, shiny from health not grease, and growing beautifully. And I owe it all to you ladies here on LHCF.

I'm getting married next spring and my desire is to wear my own hair, preferably mid back length, but what ever length I have when the time comes, I know it will be beautiful because it's healthy, full, and mine!

I can't thank you enough or sing your praises loud enough. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for all your help, confidence, beauty, and support. I love seeing others make this important journey and it makes me believe that natural 4b hair IS GOOD HAIR!

Hear are a few picture of my journey from Feb. '09 to Nov. '09 (oldest to most recent left to right):grin:

Attachments

• hair journey feb 09 028.jpg
    hair journey feb 09 028.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 215
  • hair journey sept.09 011.jpg
    hair journey sept.09 011.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 258
  • hair journey sept.09 024.jpg
    hair journey sept.09 024.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 205
  • hair journey sept.09 026.jpg
    hair journey sept.09 026.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 224
  • hair journey sept.09 027.jpg
    hair journey sept.09 027.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
:clapping: you’ve done a wonderful job, your hair looks beautiful and I’m sure you will make your goal! Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials :dance7:.

Thanks for the compliments, I think the biggest difference has been introducing steam into my reggie. My hair was so dry and brittle before, even after protien treatments, but now, it's all about the dc and steam.

It's official, I love your hair too, lol. Thanks for the inspiration today. You are doing such a great job. Keep it up!

I'm going to try steaming more after seeing your pics! My steamer is broken (somehow?), but I just joined a gym that has both a steam room and a sauna, so I'm going to start doing DCs every other day after my work out! Thanks OP!

Hmmm, 2nd set of pics that makes me wanna go natural. I won't be surprised if I take a pair of scissors to my head the next time I see natural hair :)

Looks Really Nice Angiet! Healthy, Shiny, Full and Well Taken Care of.:yep:

I am sure you will meet your Goal before the Big Day!:grin: Congrats!

Before I read your post, I thought that giant, full pony was a phony pony. Then I read that it was all yours. That puff is gorgeous and gigantic, thick and beautiful. I am sure you will gain the length that you seek as well. Congratulations!

Thanks all of you. Chicoro, you have both me and my finance droolin' over your pony. When my hair grows up, that's excatly what I'm talking about.
All of you have made this possible in your own ways :blowkiss:

Thanks for the compliments, I think the biggest difference has been introducing steam into my reggie. My hair was so dry and brittle before, even after protien treatments, but now, it's all about the dc and steam.

May I ask, How do You actually do Your Steam Treatments?

Today I used the smallest curlers to create tighter curls and a fuller look. Check out the results after a COLOR="Red"]16 hour day![/COLOR]

I got so many compliments today from men and women alike! Black, White and Hispanic. One lady even said, " Is that all you? I thought you were wearing a wig." My first wig check! If you don't have one, buy one! It's the BEST $40 I've ever spent on my hair!

Attachments

• november hair 003.jpg
    november hair 003.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 18
  • november hair 002.jpg
    november hair 002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
  • november hair 004.jpg
    november hair 004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
May I ask, How do You actually do Your Steam Treatments?

I haven't graduated to the hair steam treatment for conditioning yet, that's next on my list.
I wash/condish/roller set. Then I use my Maxiglide on a low setting (3-4) and finally use my Caurso. As far as products: I wash with CON or Placenta shampoo. Deep condish with Elasta QP 911 and real mayonnaise or egg if I feel like I need some protien. Then I use HE Long Lasting and None of Your Frizziness. Finally, I rinse, add some Caster Oil and K-Pak Leave In Reconstructor. Once it's dry, I spray with Chi or IC heat protector and finally flat iron in small sections and Caruso set with rollers.

Today's look (added 11/18) was acheived on four day old hair (yes I've been working out and am about 14 weeks post) in 15 minutes using the Caruso and a little Caster Oil on the ends to seal in the moisture.

I hope that's okay, I don't consider it heat and am amazed that my hair doesn't frizz up considering I'm very lightly texlaxed. I want to sleep sitting up to see just how long these beautiful curls will last.:grin:

Back