Thank God for Father's...........

nychaelasymone

As you know, I was LIVID with my SO last week and this weekend he took me to that ugly place again, so I had a heart-to-heart with my dad and he gave it to me straight. Its easy for some people to just walk away from things but for me it's not so easy....I always looking for the good in folk and sometimes that behavior can teeter on me becoming a doormat. I won't go into to much detail because a lot of what my dad said, I knew already but didn't want to face it. I don't want to look at this as a another failed relationship but another life learning experience. I just want to thank God for parents who love me....especially my DAD. He's a man...so what better person to talk to about relationships than him since he and my mom have been married for almost 40 years.

As you know, I was LIVID with my SO last week and this weekend he took me to that ugly place again, so I had a heart-to-heart with my dad and he gave it to me straight. Its easy for some people to just walk away from things but for me it's not so easy....I always looking for the good in folk and sometimes that behavior can teeter on me becoming a doormat. I won't go into to much detail because a lot of what my dad said, I knew already but didn't want to face it. I don't want to look at this as a another failed relationship but another life learning experience. I just want to thank God for parents who love me....especially my DAD. He's a man...so what better person to talk to about relationships than him since he and my mom have been married for almost 40 years.

ITA with everything you said, esp the bolded. You are blessed to have such a loving, caring, and honest dad. You know daddy's dont play when it comes to their girls!!! This will def be a learning lesson and help you the next time around!!!!!

I think I understand what you are going through and I am also at a crossroads where my relationship is concerned. I am like you and I like to look for the best in people, I also feel this is a weakness for me at times. It's great that you have you dad to give you advice.

I think I understand what you are going through and I am also at a crossroads where my relationship is concerned. I am like you and I like to look for the best in people, I also feel this is a weakness for me at times. It's great that you have you dad to give you advice.

I think we sense where each other is coming from. Better to be happy alone than misearable with someone.

Back