Thandie Newton Transitioning?

Poohbear said:
The picture isn't showing up... anyway, I thought she was already natural...

I’m not sure why PB, but I can see it.

Thandie says:
At home I use Biosilk by Farouk Systems shampoo, conditioner and spray-on serum. I have been getting it straightened once every 12 weeks with the most vicious chemicals you can put on your hair. Soon I’m going to cut it off and go back to natural again. My daughter [Ripley, 2] has the most beautiful, huge curly hair, and I want to show her how much I love my curly hair too because your mother is you key model.

I guess she is. I wonder if she was getting a relaxer or texturizing her hair because I could have sworn her hair was already curly in her latter pictures. You know what...I think she might be one of the many lurkers on this websight! Come on now, who sprays on serum & big chop more than the ladies on this board!!??!!?? :)

lovelymissyoli said:
I guess she is. I wonder if she was getting a relaxer or texturizing her hair because I could have sworn her hair was already curly in her latter pictures. You know what...I think she might be one of the many lurkers on this websight! Come on now, who sprays on serum & big chop more than the ladies on this board!!??!!?? :)

This may be her natural texture...but I'm not sure.
Thandie%20Newton%20web%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Her natural hair can be this curl also...not sure though.
thandie51_jpg.jpg

I think that this was for the role.

Last edited:
i also read that statement somewhere else that she is transitioning bc her daughter has curly hair and she wants her daughter to like her natural hair texture...

Last edited:
tru_mind said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear
The picture isn't showing up... anyway, I thought she was already natural...

I’m not sure why PB, but I can see it.

Thandie says:

Quote:
At home I use Biosilk by Farouk Systems shampoo, conditioner and spray-on serum. I have been getting it straightened once every 12 weeks with the most vicious chemicals you can put on your hair. Soon I’m going to cut it off and go back to natural again. My daughter [Ripley, 2] has the most beautiful, huge curly hair, and I want to show her how much I love my curly hair too because your mother is you key model.
Thandie says:

Oh okay. ;)

I just checked out that link and she is soooo pretty! :yep:

Thandie did not really need to relax her hair to begin with, so it's good that she is transitioning. I am happy that she is wearing her natural curls more, it's not only inspiring for her daughter, it will also be inspiring for black women around the world who like. And for the times she wants to wear it straight, well, she doesn't have anything that a good Dominican blowout/rollerset can't take care of, LOL! She is right about the chemicals, though. Almost everytime I get a relaxer I think about transitioning.

P.S.
Thanks for posting the pic in your post because I also couldnt read the link.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Thandie did not really need to relax her hair to begin with, so it's good that she is transitioning. I am happy that she is wearing her natural curls more, it's not only inspiring for her daughter, it will also be inspiring for black women around the world who like. And for the times she wants to wear it straight, well, she doesn't have anything that a good Dominican blowout/rollerset can't take care of, LOL! She is right about the chemicals, though. Almost everytime I get a relaxer I think about transitioning.

P.S.
Thanks for posting the pic in your post because I also couldnt read the link.

I don't know what's going on, but I watch a lot of makeover shows and they seem always put relaxers on the fatest curls. Don't they know how to straighten without the use of chemicals.

Just the other day on a makeover show they put a relaxer in a man's hair. Why couldn't they just give him a cut that would work with his curls? I don't know why they put a relaxer in that man's hair, because he ended up with an extremely short cut anyway?

Back