Texturized or Texlaxed Hair

2sweetnsugarland

I have short texturized color treated brown hair. My hair is naturally long and really thick [when I keep the clippers out of it]. I am trying to grow it out using Soft Sheen Texturizer. This Friday I am using henna with indigo for the first time to cover my gray, which is not alot but it is enough to get on my nerves. I am also stretching my touchups for the first time to 12 weeks instead of 6 weeks between texturizers. I have been reading your website for a few weeks and my sister [who is also a member of this site] has told me instead of wetting my hair every morning in the shower to condition wash it instead. I immediately noticed a difference. The curls just "jump" in my hair instead of me having to work with it using Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade and Super Sculpt. Now I just use Hawaiian Silky 14 N 1 moisturizer.

I want to make sure that I am doing everything possible to let my hair grow out to the length that it used to be. Any help or any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, you will probably get a lot more responses if you post this in the Haircare section. Most of the questions on this section are related to more technical issues. Best of luck to you with growing your hair out, it sounds like you are on the right track.

Back